When I started this space five years ago, it was in honor of wanting to be thankful for gifts of grace.
I dropped the habit a while back.
Today I will begin again and list as many things that come to mind:
1. Thankful for the roof over my head.
2. Thankful for my family, especially my husband who works so hard for me. For our children, Max, Molly, Nick, Euly, Ceci and Lilly.
3. For Thanksgiving spent with both sides of our family. We saw most of our family, had a wonderful day.
4. For Julie to open her home and host for the first time, and host a feast to rival any!
7. For Molly's happiness and courage to follow her own heart to find love. Not my path or time, but for me to learn to offer up my feelings, sadness and words for her.
8. For our relationship to still be strong and close despite our differences in plan for her life.
9. For peace to know I've done all I can as her mother.
10. For prayer to follow my children wherever they are in life.
11. For Max's move back home. To spend time with him.
13. For my nieces who wanted to vent, commiserate, laugh, cry, and pray with me.
14. For Nick's magical talent and entertaining everyone.
15. Birthday celebrating 24 years of his life and of my momlife.
16. Time with grand niece Kathleen and grand nephew Desmond. I do like babies. Sweet, squishy, happy beings are good for my heart.
17. A compassionate priest.
18. A tree in my bedroom because I want to go to sleep happier.
19. A reason to reconnect, even if it's kind of transparent.
20. Group effort to clean up the redneck. Hoping it works.
21. How much everyone of us loves this property.
22. Setting up for Advent before Advent starts.
23. A clean kitchen after so much prep'ed, cooked, and baked.
24. Ceci's turkey cupcakes
25. Animals doing well, being low maintenance, for now.
26. Saint Teresa's words of encouragement:
27. Lilly's sunshine and happiness.
28. Getting motivated on shopping.
29. Being married to the kindest, biggest hearted dad. Ever. He teaches me so much.
30. Mom's old chocolate pie recipe -already gluten free!
31. The election results. A new era of optimism and hope, bringing on prosperity and peace.