Monday, October 3, 2016

Photo Excursioning

Max and I were looking for inspiration for taking photos on our pretty Sunday afternoon. We took a nice, long drive around the little towns and state parks near me. Nothing seemed inspiring enough, until we passed Winkelmann again. (another revisit in this post).

This visit was disappointing to see the further decay, but mostly the vandalism and beer cans. So many windows were broken. We peeked in and found an interesting cache of items in each house/business.
I wonder what the current owner (presuming a bank) will do. Let it go complete ruin or will it be bulldozed? I can't imagine any of the structures are in any condition to be saved. Although there were some nice wood flooring inside many of them.













1 comment:

  1. What a sad photo-story... thanks for sharing, anyway. I love old houses even if they come with sad stories.

    ReplyDelete