Friday, July 8, 2016

I am Thankful...

I kinda just stopped "counting gifts" and started using Instagram for small things that I'm thankful for. I do miss the exercise of stopping and noting a small thing, that helps make this big thing work. Details matter and keep my mind focused.

I had some worries one morning when I woke up and realized I could not place where I had my son's keys to his car and apartment and thought, oh they got thrown away and the envelope they were in had the apartment number so, as my stressed-out-state style, my imagination ran away and realized someone will find the keys, and see location and rob his apartment and steal his car. 
Yes, I have completely lost it.
So we do our daily things and I start walking through the last time I saw envelope and ask other people when they saw and Craig mentioned he thought they should be moved, so I started thinking like Craig. And what would he do, probably consists of asking a kid to put in my office.. And I sat in there for a long time after going through all regular places to look. And thinking like Craig and the kid... And Saint Anthony did keep whispering "bookshelf" all day. Boom, there they were, hidden on bottom bookshelf!
Yay hallelujah! 
But the moral of the story isn't what you'd think:  to put your things away to not get lost.  It is to ask for Saint Anthony's help, (Thank you Saint Anthony!!)  but even more, what I learned, if you have worries and give yourself a stress filled wild goose chase with a happy ending, and all those initial worries? Gone!
I'm still feeling happy and thankful days later. Yes, I've truly lost it. Ask my kids. 

I do still like pop music along with all kinds of other genres of music. I took my girls to see Twenty One Piløts at the Pavillion. We got there early, waited in hot lines, sat in wet lawn that soaked through our blankets and left everyone in wet shorts.
But when our group came on, we were so happy we didn't care about all that. Happy smiles and singing and dancing! 
Molly said on Facebook:
"Last night, we took my little sister to see her favorite (really all of ours) band on the night of her 11th birthday; she was so moved by the experience she was nearly speechless the whole time. It reminded me of how much music effects us and how much it means so much to see your heroes and favorite artists in the flesh. Happy birthday, Cecilia! Many more shows to come! "
I love that we all had a great time together! Lilly danced non stop. She had an isle way spot with a view straight to the band, Euly danced, Ceci was star struck especially when Molly took her to a spot where one of the singers would climb the wall and they'd be this close. Fun. I love their style, variety of melodies and music mixed into a song. Lyrics are deep and we ponder and discuss together. 

Craig put the pool up for the Independence Day weekend. Perfect timing with the heat and no rain...kids need refreshing exercise outside. The first day I got in, it was so cold it triggered a muscle spasm in my lower back. The water has already warmed up now, no spasms. It was especially nice today as our AC quit, and indoor temperatures reached 87 degrees.( Insulation must be added to list). The guy I've used before was ill, on a leave, so I tried to find someone else and lucked out with a new service. He came out today, fixed it affordably, and house cooled back down by dinner. 


I am thankful for ...New animals babies. A mama cow we weren't positive was pregnant gave birth yesterday. 
We have another mama looking like she is in labor.


Our lamb babies are adorable and used to getting snatched from mama for a quick snuggle.



Ceci attended a Kids in the Kitchen cooking camp with our 4 H extension office and led by her favorite agent, Hallie.


Ceci made dinner. She tried something a little different with squash cut in strips. I love her daring in the kitchen. Our extension agent told us about a local casting call for Junior Master Chef, and we might take Ceci in for the fun of it. Her dream is to host a cooking/baking show, so who knows.  The paperwork is a little daunting. 

We are still working on decorating our bedroom. It's huge with lots of Windows and not a lot of wall space. Craig found this chair he liked to lounge and watch the animals go by.

He also found these huge, ancient wall sconces. I'm thinking we incorporate into a headboard, he may have other ideas working...

Euly's wildlife team won state! And are now in the planning stages for nationals in West Virginia later this month. I know it is an honor to compete at a national level, and I'm so proud of their hard work. 
I'm trying to make a little family trip for the younger girls and me, while the team is off competing. It looks like a beautiful part of the country. 
Road trip!

Nick and Euly attended a leadership camp put on by 4h down in Galveston. They both really enjoyed it. Being rural, any opportunity to get together with other kids and have a good time is welcomed. 

They stayed in Max's second year dorm at Texas A&M in Galveston. 

Four years before I have to worry about a full time dorm for her. 

I am thankful for a second priest for our parish and for newly ordained blessings. 

Our old homeschool group gets together at a skating rink and we thought it was time for the girls to try skating. The place reminds me of Olyland Skating in Austin where Craig and I both skated as teens.

We have sushi for Ceci's birthday and we  were able to enjoy again this year a few days late. 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Mary.
    And. Forgetting where I put things? All.The.Time. : )
    Love your photos, as always.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I thoroughly enjoyed your family pictures.You are indeed blessed with those beautiful kids who are treasure and gift from God. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to come across your profile and the blog post of the blogger and get comnnected with you as well as know you because of who you and your family are in the Lord Jesus Christ. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe irrespective of their denominational bacdground to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral miniistry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have your grown up kids to come to Mumbai with their friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016.

    ReplyDelete