Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Quick Visit to Remember The Alamo and Mission Concepcion


















One thing I have learned, no matter how many times you have taught Texas history (four times) or how many times you have visited Texas historical places ( more than I can count), you may still need to do it again for those who were too young the first time!
Sometimes I know things in my head, and think all the kids must know it too.
Anyway, this quick visit was a good kick off to Ceci's Texas history study. Now she knows about the Alamo and Missions in Texas. We have many more to see and much more to (re) learn. Its ok, because Texas History is one of my favorite subjects.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! But, gosh. Mission Trail never gets old, does it. Mission Concepcion is my favorite. There's just something about it. On one of our field trips there, (with Mabel and Stan), we were able to attend Sunday Mass and the kids were asked to ring the bell in the tower!

    You always capture the moment beautifully!

    ReplyDelete