Sunday, May 15, 2016

Now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever: Lilly's birthday


" When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two, 
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever."

 - A. A. Milne

We rarely have birthday parties, but our favorites to have are treasure hunt parties, especially when it involves slaying a dragon.
There was a little teamwork involved, and lots of cooperation from the weather for holding off the rainy downpour until the party was just about over.
We had a fantastic BBQ brisket, squash casserole, pasta salad, beans, and Spanish rice. My parents came in time for lunch, cake and presents on their way from from another family party.


Ceci found the first Clue;
A letter from a Princess:

To all the Young Maidens and the Young Knights:
A princess needs your help. A greedy dragon has stolen the treasure chest and all the royal jewels. She needs your help to recover the pieces for the royal crowns. There will be clues around the Enchanted Forest. 
Beware the Dragon is watching.
A sheep with Golden Fleece holds the next clue.


Guess who the sheep was? Haha

Second Clue:
To find a satchel to carry any needed supplies, 
Go deep into the Enchanted Forest and find the hanging ancient twine.
A brave soul among you should climb to retrieve the satchels and the next clue.





 Third Clue
Congratulations
You are close to finding Excaliber to defeat the dragon.
Go next to the Ogre Swamp to find a "sword" in a "stone."
You will find the next clue there...


You will be able to find the dragon after you journey down the old path off the orad. 
Look for a Secret Meadow.
BEWARE
the dragon can FLY.
(hint: look up)

You will have to defeat him to get the next clue.


 



Congratulations for defeating the dragon.
Travel down the pathway around Ogre Swamp to the fork in the parh.
The treasure you seek is there! 



  Thank you for your help finding the royal treasure chest and jewels.
Your reward is to use the jewels to make your own crown.

Go back to the castle to adorn your crowns.









The cake was Ceci's creation of vanilla cake infused with jello, topped with her cream cheese icing with strawberries adorned with cream cheese emerald green shells.
It was delicious.

Happy 6th birthday, my dear, sweet Lilly!

2 comments:

  1. Her cake looks like a masterpiece!

    Happy birthday to your sweetie pie. What a fantastic birthday theme and game. My kiddos would love something like that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party! It looks like they all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete