Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real on Rainy Days

~ {pretty, happy, funny, real} ~
Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


Pretty 
Extended rainy days are either made to be spent in bed or outside exploring. My girls choose the latter. When it rains, it pours, and when it pours, the creek overflows. The driveway held up better than most times, the plants in the garden are looking happy, except the ones that were sunk from being newly planted and water logged. The animals didn't like it so much, they all do have shelters of their own to hide away from the storms, but they prefer getting wet and hiding in odd places around the house. The girls love getting wet.









Happy
 I am very happy to have my utility room back and the chicks outside (until the new ones hatch). I really enjoyed cleaning and mopping, making it smell fresh and clean and not at all like baby chicks.



Funny
Something about a free day during Molly's spring break and free admission at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts made us a little silly and excited to see as much as we could. 
The second floor is all Apologetics in art. Isn't it amazing how much beautiful religious art there is?! I'm so thankful the museum has so much to soak in.


Regina Caeli 
  
Some Ferris Bueller moments seemed perfect for our day off:




Real
Don't let all the cute smiles fool you, sibling rivalry is alive and well.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! We're still covered with snow, though the last few days we really didn't need coats outside. I know what you mean about that 'chick' smell. Our day olds will be arriving in a week or so. I sure hope it warms up enough that they can go straight to the barn without the stay in the house. The are fun but they smell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ferris Bueller pictures are so funny. Your girls look quite pensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenny, those Ferris Bueller ones are funny! I love the backdrop in that first one. BTW, you, Carol, and I need to start a game plan for my trip down yonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you spend your rainy days!
    Your chicken coop is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friendship with boat in ocean life is impossible easy, sometimes encounter clouds and storms, and in this case, the friendship should be this or that test after these dark clouds and storms, and then the friendship will more consolidated, true friendship, in any case will shine new light.
    ____________________________
    I like: CS:GO Skins and Buy CSGO Skins

    ReplyDelete