Sunday, March 20, 2016

Celebrating big and little things that make life great (aka photo dump with comments)

We had a visit from our good friends, visited, played around and had a poetry recitation tea party. Lilly recited "Once I Saw A Little Bird.." They all enjoy showing off their hard work.

Craig got the old well on the front of the property working so we have water for the orchard. No more tractoring gallons from the house across the property. And it is exciting to see, many of the citrus trees have blooms.



Ceci and Lilly thought they'd give the ducks a treat. They loved their swim.



The kids went to another dance.
They are picking partners and making plans for their training for a showcase in the fall.


Peacocks. Getting bigger...


And bolder..
(That's the dogs' hang out).

Palm Sunday today. 
I didn't have my missal and didn't find the booklet at church for today, so I felt a little lost through all the readings. I knew the gist, just not all the details. I had a reminder of what new comers to the Latin mass must feel like. Why are we standing so long, what are they reading, why didn't I pay more attention in Latin class...? 
Thankfully the readings are found online, so I was able to fill everyone in. 
I'll have to put the missals in the car before we leave for services this week. Ceci sits next to me and follows along with hers.

All veiled.



Blessing the palms.



I love processions! 
Veils, bells, smells, rails and processions of the traditional mass!



Looking forward to a good Holy Week.
I'm making plans for Easter dinner with a smaller guest list than normal this year missing ones who moved away, traveled international and another who had a baby. Max came by for a visit since he may be offshore next weekend, which I'm praying gets delayed until after Easter! 
We will clean house, go electronically quiet, although we do have science day tomorrow and a food challenge with 4 h Wednesday, we will try to keep quiet. 
We cancelled everything Thursday through Sunday to enjoy praying the Triduum.
Happy Holy Week!


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, look how many altar servers you have!!

    ReplyDelete