Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mid November Daybook - Happy Saint Cecilia Feast Day


Outside my window...beautiful and cold. It started at 34 degrees this morning, heads up the 50's. I love the big blue sky.


I am praying for..those fighting cancer, those who have lost someone to cancer. And all poor souls in purgatory.

I am thankful...to have a restart on my diet. For the past year I've slowly gained some weight back and it surprises me how it weighs me down emotionally! I am strong and motivated and pray I stay that way. Thankfully my blood pressure is still down. I am an emotional eater and and trying to watch myself by tracking calories with My Fitness pal again. I need accountability.

In the kitchen...baking goodies for today brownies and we made black bean salad.

I am creating...Saint peg dolls. Well, I bought all the materials, now I need time to devote to it. The girls are going to make little nativity set of peg dolls for their younger cousin.

I am going...to our homeschool group All Saints Party rescheduled today. I'm dealing with a very sad Ceci because she wanted to bring Hope as part of her St Jacinta costume but Hope was so upset by the kennel for transportation that I decided she should stay home. Mean mom. Probably the practical decision, but my heart hurts when I disappoint my sweet Ceci. Especially on her feast day! 

I am wondering...what to cook for a dinner we are having at our priest's house while his mother is visiting. She likes simple home cooking. Craig suggested King Ranch Casserole. I have a bad opinion of King Ranch casserole. Do you like it? Opinions needed.

I am reading...the final Ralph Moody autobiography: A Horse of Different Color. I love this series. It has more years than Little House ( which I love). So if you love Little House, check it out. Mr. Moody's resilience and work ethic is one to admire and learn from. Perseverance, hope, strong work ethic, ingenuity, versatility are just a few adjectives that come to mind to describe Ralph Moody.  I think our country would benefit if it was required reading in school.

I am watching...our farm yard fowl. The two peacocks seem to be bottom of totem pole, the guineas who are always fighting and screaming and the chickens running from one treat or another.

I am listening to...Cecilia talk to Euly about life. They are so enthusiastic about little things. It is heartwarming.

I am looking forward to...Seeing family over Thanksgiving.

Around the farm....we helped Craig build a shelter for the sheep. The rain we had his past Tuesday was brutal on them. They huddled anywhere they could get relief from the pounding rain. Now they have a great place to stay dry.


Speaking of Hope...
The new kitty loves her too.

A few plans for the rest of the week...celebrate my oldest son's twenty third birthday! He has a work assignment offshore over Thanksgiving and I am (selfishly) praying it is delayed long enough for him to join us for Thanksgiving. 
I am starting to make my plan of food to bring to my sisters' for our Turkey day dinner.

A peek into my day...the girls had a great time spreading hay.







Something that made me laugh, chuckle.. We decided to make a Christmas photo with Hope.


Have a wonderful and restful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, my lovely friend...
    I love the photos with the nativity. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nativity pic with Hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving day with your family. What a sweet post...the pictures, you always do such an amazing job capturing the moment. Glad the shelter is in place. And the nativity pictures? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete