Monday, October 26, 2015

Random October Daybook

Outside my window...we are watching the weather and tropical storm flooding, to windy days and over cast skies.

I am thinking...
 The pond is on my mind because it's a puddle I can't do anything about it and my husband has a gazillion and three things in front if it. 

See the grass line? 
That is where the level of the pond was for most of this year, then the rain stopped in June and it has been slowly draining. It has a "leak" and there are several ways to fix it, but won't see it in action this year. That's fine. Rain is still in the forecast and we have a reliable well.
All the animals come down for a drink during the day and it looks like there is still enough to satisfy them.
View from the house:

 Up close look at those weird things in the water.





From the other side looking back toward the house you can see reflected in water.

I am praying for..Beverly, a sweet homeschool mom of five fighting stomach cancer and needs a medical miracle. Please say a prayer for her and her family. 
And recovery for my Aunt Trieve and Uncle Jack both fighting serious life threatening illness.

I am thankful...for restarts and for my family.

In the kitchen...I made a delicious(according to the kids) Gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
It made the house smell
Wonderful!

Ingredients:

  • 1 and 3/4 cups Costco gluten free flour mix
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree 
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Bake at 350 for one hour in loaf pan 

I am going...to dinner with Craig and Max.


I am listening ..to Craig and Max discuss business. 

I am proud of...Euly and Nick winning the C&W dance competition at our homeschool group dance. We were blessed with a live band too. What a fun night!


They are studying dance moves and planning their next opportunity.


I am reading...The Way of Beauty by David Clayton
recommended by Leila Lawler.

I am watching...rained soaked chickens run around.

I am hoping...the new kitty gets along with the old kitty. We took in another rescue cat yesterday.



Around the house..many projects are stopped until the weather clears up and dries out.

A few plans for the rest of the week.. Look into college living arrangements for Molly when she changes schools in January, A couple visits with friends, Halloween, set up new home for my mother in law in Austin.
They have been trying out costume options and acting it out a bit.


Something that made me laugh, chuckle..
How friendly the Kleb Woods parrot Papagayo was this week:



A peek into my day...
Ceci will be Jacinta of Fatima for the All Saints Party and she wants Hope to be an outfit enhancer. She's been training her. It's fun and a bit silly to watch.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friend...
    Prayers and love.
    Be safe and have a good week.
    I always enjoy your beautiful photos, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear when others are sick, but when parents of little ones and children are sick, it just really tears my heart up.

    Your dancers! How cool is that! It sounds like a great night.

    Costumes. Your kids come up with some pretty cool ones.

    Hoping you get some rain again. It's expected to come in tonight for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty, me too. We 're all praying for a miracle, hoping so much for her and her children.

      Delete