Thursday, October 8, 2015

Enjoying October Day Book

Outside my window...fallish, but still gets pretty hot. Pretty fantastic when a breeze is blowing. And a little nip in the morning air just puts us all in a good mood.


I am praying for..conversion of loved ones, health of my Aunt Trieve, Uncle Jack, mother in law Donna. And praying for direction on where Donna is to move next with her physical therapy wrapping up.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen



In the kitchen...Ceci is playing her own version of cupcake wars. She first started with presentation skills competing against Lilly with homemade play dough. 
Then she up'd the game with real cupcakes. 
This was a German Chocolate minus coconut and nuts. I voted she'd win (against her imaginary competitor).


I am going...to stay home for a few days. We've busy with local fair, rodeo, corn maze trip and parish rosary procession.


I am reading...aloud: fourth book of Ralph Moody's autobiography: Fields of Home. Also essays on Prayer by Saint Bernard.

I am watching...
Person of Interest on Netflix, Death Comes to Pemberly on Netflix, and Lorna Doone on Amazon.

I am listening to...an occasional crow from the rooster outside, Euly running up and down the hall for the hundredth time, Ceci and Lilly playing barbies together. All going fine now, it's crazy how one thing will set the other off. I love when they all get along.

Around the house...we are done power washing and need to decide on a stain or clear code for outside and deck. I decided to polyurethane the old wooden windows from the little house. Hopefully finish at project soon.

Favorite quotes for today...all from Mother Teresa:
We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.

Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self.

Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.

People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Auntie Leila is coming to Houston and hosting a retreat at Our Lady of Walsingham. I'm looking forward to attending. 


She had another talk last night but I decided to take Molly out for a hot meal since I needed to visit a Home Depot anyway. She is not on the college food plan and mostly it's cold or microwave meals.


I have been spending too much time on photos, blog, Instagram and blog catch up (having to reinstall all photos in all 2013 posts) that I'm going to try a break. I do too much when insomnia wakes me up, which negatively effects the following day.
I have a couple posts in the draft folder for October birthday and a special family anniversary which I would like to complete. 

Wish me luck! Blessings to you.


2 comments:

  1. wow...wonder if that young man, on that big horse, actually stayed on!

    Wishing we had a rosary procession in our area. I love your strong faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall look on the blog, and the great picture at the top!

    ReplyDelete