Saturday, July 25, 2015

DayBook - Looking at the last week of July and answering the last AMT

Outside my window...hot, dry, even when it's humid, moisture stealing weather with an occasional refreshing breeze.
This is the time of year siestas were invented for, from 10-5, take a nap! It's too hot to do anything else.
Planning to be busy during the month of August so we don't notice how hot it is.

I am praying for..so many health issues this week! Praying for my m-i-l who ended up in the ER then over to a physical rehab to help her get balance and strength and walk again. She may be there a couple of weeks.  It looks like she will need to move to assisted living, and I hope we an accommodate that transition sooner than later.
...for my sweet Uncle Jack...who the day after retiring from mail delivery for 50 years thought he had pneumonia, but it turned out to be stage four small cell lung cancer. Pray for this sweet man who has always has a special place in my heart.
...for my sister's m-i-l who fell, but seems to be ok.
...for my daughter who found out that the constant pain in her back is from osteoarithris.
...And for another daughter who shows unmistable signs of a gluten allergy. This after a week of lots of wheat consumption. We are trying to embrace Gluten free for the whole family. The others have these same genetic tendency, so might as well save them the trouble of conversion in the future.
...for our hearts to comply with God's Will.
...Also for the tiresome race baiting Waller county hating people over an issue that should not have caused a desire and call for anarchy.
...for our country and her leaders.

I am thankful...for this next generation who are brave and will need courage to fight the good fight and stand up for Truth where their older generations in the country have not. I have hope for them!

In the kitchen...we're cooking chicken fajitas on the grill, sautéed onions, guacamole and beans with some homemade margaritas for us older folks.

I am creating...and painting signs for the chicken coop.

I am going...to be driving a lot this week. The girls are enrolled in dance camps. Cecilia is learning ballroom and Euly is learning Western style dances. Both girls are very excited.

I am wondering...about spinal health. We are learning all we can for Molly, since she is very young to show signs of arthritis. We are taking steps physical, in her car, her clothing and even diet to see what we can do to aid the therapy she will be having intensely to try to stop the damage. 
I have always had neck pain, I'm a teeth clincher when I sleep over stress. But after bed shopping and pillow shopping and chiropractor visiting, I have changed my sleeping pattern and now only use one firm pillow, making sure I tuck it around my neck and not letting my shoulder get out of align. I feel great and am amazed at what a different an adjustment and new pillows make.

I am reading...
Everything You Were Taught About the Civil War Is Wrong since we are continuing mid 1800 U.S. History.
Projects That Matter successful Planning for Religious Organizations because Father asked me to help fun raise on another level.
Rainbow Resource Center catalog so I can get some treats for the new school year. 

I am watching...the kids play Go Fish with their cousin. 

Around the house...I was able to get much done of my to do list this week.
1. The guest room is painted and beautiful and ready for guests:

2. Nick's room is rearranged with new to him but very old to us furniture (Craig's from when he was young).
organized, cleaned, sorted. He was working as a camp councilor all week, so I had so problem keeping it looking beautiful all week.

3. The office is organized with old years stuff sorted and gone, 

I am pondering...home school curriculum for next year. I've been homeschooling so long I do probably have everything! But I think new folders and a few fresh workbooks and art supplies are fun to have the new year experience, even if some things are carried over from last year.

A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today...

ST ALPHONSUS – PATRON OF ARTHRITIS SUFFERERS

Saint Alphonsus, loving Father of the poor and sick, all your life you devoted yourself with charity towards those who suffer sickness. I invoke you as the patron of those who suffer with arthritis since you were afflicted with this disease in your lifetime.
Look with compassion on me in my suffering. Full of confidence in your intercession I come to you for help in my present need (mention need- for Molly's healing and relief).
Amen
.

A peek into my day...
The "old" chickens are not being ignored. The roster learned to crow and two hens figured out where to lay eggs for us to find them. A good week! 




We do give the babies a lot of attention. We decided it was warm enough for them to move outside. They were a little scared at first, but by the end of the day they were running and whooping like guineas and the peacocks were curious about how to find even more freedom. 






And Answers to Kendra's Last AMT for the summer, because now she has better things to do :

From Kendra's Answer Me This:
Now for NEXT WEEK's questions, to answer NEXT WEEK . . . which will be the LAST week of Answer Me This for this summer. Yes, I know that most people's understanding of "Every Sunday All Summer" would include August. But, I'm not sure I can commit to getting them up on time once there's a new little person in the house. So next week will be the 
last for this summer, and I'll plan on bringing it back again . . . when you least expect it!

1. What's your favorite grocery store splurge?
Non food: any kitchen gadget. 
Drink: Kombucha
Junk: Oreos
All rare purchases.

2. How's your penmanship?
Sloppy. I try but I tend to write quickly and it deteriorates with speed.

3. Do you have a "Summer Bucket List?"
Yes, in a way. I have home projects I like to get completed some don't have the urge to paint a wall or something instead of school. Which has happened if I don't start the year off feeling organized. 
No baby or move this year, maybe will have a good smooth start and meet our goals. I usually like to visit at least one water park. We have t yet this year. There is still time. 

4. What's the best thing on the radio right now?
Usually ITunes. And depending on who is in control of the selections"playing Dj" but it's usually something but the band Twenty One Pilots.
Rarely, when I am in the car alone during the day, I listen to Rush.

5. Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Ice cream! We are still missing Blue Bell and don't have a new favorite brand of the replacements filling our local groceries. But I'm trying other brands instead of froyo.

6. Have you had that baby NOW? Not pregnant, but Kendra did so go look at her cute Mary Jane.

A last peek into my day...
The little lamb squeezes through the shop gate and hangs out with the chickens. He hasn't grown much and the girls call him Forever Baby.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the baby hens. You really catch their cute-ness. Hope the girls have fun at their dance classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys are just too cute! Thanks Christine!!

      Delete
  3. Praying for your sweet girl {{}} and for you all as you navigate new waters of health and diet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I appreciate the prayers!

      Delete
  4. I agree about siesta time!

    I'm so sorry to hear about the arthritis. We will keep her in our prayers. We will keep all of you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! You are so kind!

      Delete