Monday, July 13, 2015

Answer Me This: Lost And Found



Kendra's get to know you questions: 
1. At what temperature do you keep the thermostat set? Summer, winter, day, night?
Summer 78, 76, 74: everyday, when I'm doing chores, when company comes.
Winter 68.
This last winter was cold for Texas and we were just beginning the home renovation. We were warned against using the fireplace for fire risk, so we walked around in double socks and blankets on shoulders extra cold days. 

Our fireplace rebuild is next week! I am so looking forward to cold weather to warm up this place with a happy fire! (Forget that it's in the 90's today. All about the atmosphere baby!)

2. What is your favorite frozen beverage?
According to the local Mexican restaurant it's a jumbo half strawberry/half lime margarita since the sweet waitresses have it ready for me with the chips.

3. Where do you keep your keys?
In my car when home (no neighbors), in a special pocket if my purse when out and about. 

4. Have you ever really been lost?
Yes. When I was somewhere between five and eight (mom will remember) we were all shopping at the mall and I hid in a circular clothes rack. Mom and sisters moved on to another shop, then even started the drive home (so they told me) before Mom send my sisters looking for me. Teresa found me. 

My daughter Euly was momentarily (felt like forever) lost from us in Saint Peter's  Square, at that age. As the current of people came out of Saint Peters, she stopped and stepped aside to tie her shoe. We were swept with the current and stopped at the family meeting point at the fountain. We gathered ourselves out of the sea of people and saw her back under the arches. Scary for me! Scary for her! Max pushed through the crowd to get her. I'll never forget that relief! 

5. What is the last movie you saw in the theaters?
Cinderella. I don't pay attention to movie releases and didn't even read a review before we went. I was so pleasantly surprised at the message and beauty of the film. 
What's out now? I'm in the mood for movie popcorn.


1 comment:

  1. Love that you keep your keys in your car!

    Losing children is a nightmare! I lost my Ava when she was 3 or 4 in the library. PANIC! Our public library is scary.

    As my children get older, they make me more anxious. Zach 19 1/2 goes down to the cities till 1am....with a friend...driving so late. Last night we had a bad storm...his friends were over..out in the hot tub with lightening flashing. Do you WANT to die???

    Great learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete