Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kendra brought back Answer Me This for Summertime



1. Any big plans for the summer?
We take our vacation at the beginning of summer, that way we can control dates for summer jobs and classes better that way, and we usually need a break just as school ends and we combine it with graduation celebrations. So!
Since we already had our big summer vacation, the remainder of summer is low key for school projects wrap up, home improvement projects and visiting with everyone we can catch up with.
Windale Shakespeare Plays - my sisters and kids meet up in the beautiful country barn.
Ceci's 10th birthday, there are party plans developing for her.
At least one trip to a water park.
Catching up on dental appointments. Routine stuff that makes the world go round.

If you are interested in photos of our big trip, here is what we did for our summer vacation:
 1 2 3 4

2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Wow what a good question! Having three prankster loving older sisters, I was told many things that later learned weren't true. Nothing big, usually off the wall, some too humiliating to recount, but things had to remind myself later weren't true. 
If you fall asleep wearing a bra, your breast won't grow anymore. Sleep in your shoes, your feet are that size forever now. Not sure the connection to clothing confinements, but preteen me believed it.
Ya' know, just weird stuff.

3. What is your favorite amusement park ride? (can be a specific one at a specific park or just a type of ride)
Water rides! Especially The Falls tube shoot ride at Schitterbahn in New Braunsfels, Texas! 
Really, any thing where I can float in a tube and be cooled off.

from 2014 River Trip

4. What's on your summer reading list?
We are tackling the Civil War for history family read a louds, Euly and I are taking on Sense and Sensibility together. And we are almost done with Death Come for the Archbishop.

Also I have a list of curriculum planning books to get me in gear to plan for fall.

5. Have you ever fallen asleep in public?
Not that I recall, unless naps in front of family count. I've done that too many times.

6. What is your favorite smell?
Gardenia flowers. They just make me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Fun!! We took a river trip when I was pregnant with Miss C. It was so much fun!!! We went on the Comal River.

    ReplyDelete