Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Adjusting to farming life with animals


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday, over at Like Mother, Like Daughter!
{pretty}
Lilly wanted to go on our daily nature walk early today, and I always like seeing where the sheep like to roam.








 {happy}
With my recent splurges for canvas photo prints. Walgreens and CVS occasionally have 50% specials. I like the different look to displaying the photos.


{funny}
Like little mamas, are these two! 
Chickens sure endure a lot from loving little girls.
After a rain:



{real}
The sheep found an open gate and escaped their enclosure Tuesday. We tracked their movements all Tuesday and tried to coax them back in, but no doing. 
So we prayed for their safety and gave up.
 Early the next morning I found them alive and well toward the front of the pasture, all accounted for! A big relief. 
So for the rest of the day we waited to see if Little Bo Peep's nursery rhyme was true, as they appeared by the pond, by the back corner and then slowly made their way back into their pen. 
My daughter was disappointed no wagging tails, I was happy the learned how to navigate property.



13 comments:

  1. You really have a great eye for photography. I love the sheep peeking through the woods! Glad they are safe and sound. Thanks for the idea with the Walgreens wrapped photos...I am going to keep an eye out for that great deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I love your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I especially love the picture of the sheep in the woods. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls with the chickens all wrapped up in their towels are too cute. :-) It's good to have such accommodating chickens.

    Abbey @ Surviving Our Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been so loved since we brought them home. I think they just think this is how life is. :) hope they keep thinking that!

      Delete
  4. Mary, ALL the photos are exquisite! I especially like the babbling brook one and the sheep on the hill. Saw that one on instagram and just kept staring at it. Wow! So glad they returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allison. That's how I felt when I crossed them on my path, I just stopped and stared and remembered I had my camera.

      Delete
  5. Mary, ALL the photos are exquisite! I especially like the babbling brook one and the sheep on the hill. Saw that one on instagram and just kept staring at it. Wow! So glad they returned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos! I really enjoyed them.
    And I love how sweet your girls are with your chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete