Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Graduation Day

One of the long drives I made with Max and Molly from Alabama to Texas to visit family, I bought Max an undersea Lego sub set to keep him occupied in the car. Max was four. We built it, he played with it and then took it apart to build again. I didn't know I was supposed to keep those instructions! 

He rebuilt it anyway. He was hooked. Times I thought: addicted.

My memories of Max's childhood are a combination of building Legos and playing in water, he was swimming before he was two. We visited aquariums, Waterways at museums, we had the Brio canal waterway,  he built it over and over and he had about 15 million Legos. Every gift request: Legos.

Anything with water, mechanical parts and building structures fascinated him, especially all together.

I'm so thankful for scouts, because at his last summer camp he attended for Nick's first, he met an Eagle Scout who told about MASE at Texas A&M in Galveston.

Max found out what was needed to get into Texas A&M, studied and passed SAT for automatic entry, a huge relief to this homeschooling mom!

Max found scholarships to cover a big hunk of the costs.

He worked hard and had a 4.0 GPA freshman year! Which carried him through some tough classes. 

Now, on his graduation day, I'm  amazed he finished an engineering degree in four years! 
And is starting career as a Rov Sub Sea engineer in a few weeks!  I can't wait to see what he does next! 

I am So happy! So thankful!  So proud!!!









I spy Lilly

Max with his second and third year room mate, Bobby.



The look of RELIEF!

With Tim, his senior year roommate.





I am So happy! So thankful!  So proud!!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS to you and your son! That is a wonderful accomplishment. You should be a proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Motivated man!! In four years! Wow! So exciting and you must be exploding with Pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I always love to hear about motivated successful homeschoolers....who spent lots of time playing legos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Max!! Well done!!:)

    ReplyDelete