Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Daybook

Outside my window...


I am praying for..
Mothers today in honor of Mother's Day.
And thanksgiving for my sweet mom and delightful mother-in-law.

I am thankful...
for all six blessings I have who made me a mother, and that we went to Mass together and had a wonderful day celebrating birthday/Mother's Day!
(not sure why they didn't want to pose all together, they wanted individual shots with me).








In the kitchen...
I was treated to crawfish for lunch and a Key Lime Pie for my birthday cake. Yummmmm.

I am creating...
birthday plans for Molly and Lilly who both have birthday while we are celebrating Max's graduation and other schedule conflicts. I want them to know they are special, and be happy that we can celebrate on the run.

I am going...
to Pleasure Pier to celebrate Lilly's birthday. Hoping for good weather.

I am reading.. Stories about the Western Expansion now specially about Dr. & Narsisa Whitman by James Daughtery about their heroic and tragic story. Also readying a book about Kit Carson. 

I am watching...Seven Alone. A 1970's version of the life of the Sager family as they made their way on the Oregon Trail based on a book we just finished titled On To Oregon!  as told to the author by Catherine, the oldest Sager girl. 
It makes you think about the resilience of children.

I am listening to...Nick talk to me about the story he is writing, plans he is making for summer work, video games he'd like to design and a grocery shopping list he is working up. 

I am looking forward to...
seeing and celebrating Max graduate from the university of Texas A&M.
I am so proud and so happy this phase is done for him. Now he can go out and take on the world, and it may even be from Houston (so we'll still be able to see him).



I am celebrating...
the close of another school year for Sunday school celebrating the first Holy Communion of eleven little sweeties at our parish. I always breath a big sigh of relief when we are done for the year.
The reception went well, we had the largest class yet, so we had the largest turn out yet. 
I had the pleasure of sitting next to the male students in the front row of Mass. I love sitting up front, everyone else in my family doesn't. It was a treat.

this year I let HEB do the honors, and they did good.Half chocolate and half white cake.


Around the house...we can see then finish line with construction of the Chicken Palace.
I'm looking for a name so we can make a sign over the door.
We used two doors and a window out of the little house.

  



I am thinking...
it may be too nice to turn it over to the chickens!

One of my favorite things...when all the kids are having a nice time together. Max came up to celebrate birthday and Mother's Day.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Trying to decide what all needs to be done this week: shopping, party planning, birthday planning, vacation planning, end of school planning, new school year planning, and a while bunch of errands! Good news: the older kids complete finals this week. 

Something that made me laugh, chuckle..I saw this and thought: guilty!

Happy Mother's Day and
Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen a pic of your oldest girl before (only been reading for a short while) she is gorgeous! Well all your children are lovely but this picture just jumped off the page:)
    Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is radiant. Thank you, Erin.

      Delete
  2. you take beautiful photos. happy belated mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Beautiful Children! Beautiful Mom! I love seeing what eye color children have. You have some brown and some light blue or green? Fun to see them all in a row like that. Special to have their own picture with you! My son is coming home on thurs. from college! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids eyes are two blue, one greenish brown, two medium brown and what I think is melted chocolate brown.
      I'm sure you will enjoy your son returning home!

      Delete