Monday, April 13, 2015

Mid April Daybook


Outside my window...rain all week. Craig will not be traveling this week, yay!, and he had dreams of finishing fence work, but it blasts rain so much, strange bands on and off, it's hard to get much outside work done. I'm sure he'll make some progress.
work on Saturday between rain drops
I am thinking ... about life and death, joys and sorrows, and how fast life experiences come and go and change and intermingle. My time recently and my heart have been on death, funerals, and weddings. Spent time with families in pain to see miraculous reconciliations. I have witnessed Christ's Divine Mercy on the big to the very small details. God does love us indeed, may we make it easier on Him to shower us with His Mercy. If we would just stay out of our own way sometimes...

I am pondering...the Divine Mercy indulgence. We have eight days from this past Sunday to get to confession!

I am praying for..repose of the soul of my husband's aunt Peggy and for my mother's brother Ky. Both suffered for years from their illnesses, both now at peace.


From the Divine Mercy Novena completed Sunday:

Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said that You desire mercy; so I bring into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls in Purgatory, souls who are very dear to You, and yet, who must make retribution to Your justice. May the streams of Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your Heart put out the flames of Purgatory, that there, too, the power of Your mercy may be celebrated.

I am thankful...for the gift and sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Weddings make me reflect on my own marriage. I think of the ups and downs, and how really so much depends on communication. Clear communication with each other will help the relationship, the marriage strengthen. From the recent wedding sermon:

"Whenever you're wrong, admit it. Whenever you're right, shut up." - Ogden Nash

In the kitchen...needing some home cooking, I'm making chicken enchilada casserole for dinner with chocolate sheet cake for dessert.

I am going...to have a different week than I thought. My sister and I has thrown together plans to go to Tennessee for my uncle's funeral, but then we found it it is scheduled too soon for us to get there driving. I had cleared my schedule, now maybe I will get some things done that have been piling up.

We had a wonderful Easter Week with visits and disruptions. I need to remind myself just not to schedule schoolwork Easter Week!  It was worth adding another week of school to summer. 
We left for Corpus on Thursday for Peggy's funeral and the kids enjoyed hotel pool and the scenic drive home. 

I am wondering... have you seen this: (it's helpful!)

I am reading...just Swallowdale to the kids. I am watching...nothing, haven't sat at the couch in a number of days. Got any good recommendations on Netflix or Amazon?
I am listening to...the rain raining hard rain on my roof.

I am looking forward to...May. It will be so busy, and over so fast, so I'm trying to plan and enjoy now.

I am learning...to just sit and be still and watch this over and over to meditate. Molly recorded this and texted it to me. Just joy!

Around the house...oh, some deep cleaning this week!

A peek into my day...from the other day (when it wasn't raining)(and she talked me into climbing the other column).



Have a great week!

{Thanks, Erin!! I went into html and fixed it up!}

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day. Although I know you will because your mental state is positive and uplifting. Always a joy to stop by your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, you are so kind to stop by and leave a comment! Thanks for the encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. I had not seen the Finger Prayer - very neat. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger tip - don't retype. the two tabs at the top of your post, click on the html. Now it's a pain but still easier than retyping, go in and take out all the coding. then click compose and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger tip - don't retype. the two tabs at the top of your post, click on the html. Now it's a pain but still easier than retyping, go in and take out all the coding. then click compose and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, looking at it, it's a little intimidating, but I might as well try. Thanks!

      Delete