Sunday, April 26, 2015

Last Week of April Day Book


Outside my window...crazy weather. Are you experiencing these extreme and violent storms? We had hail, winds, floods and today the temperature touched 90! And then there are the humidity and mosquitoes!


I am thinking...we have been so busy lately, I'm really looking forward to staying home for several days in a row. May is so busy I'm canceling any non essential thing. We have to get school completed since we have so many birthdays, animal projects, Ccd festivities, vacations, graduation, Max moves, more birthdays. 

I am praying for..friends fighting cancer, people looking for jobs, conversions, peace, healing, and continued protection by our hardworking guardian angels! 

I am thankful...for my sweet husband and his job, our beautiful children, our home, our extended family, good friends and Texas. 
.

In the kitchen...Molly made mahimahi with ginger seasonings and honey, with rice made with chicken broth, corn, salad and a desert of chocolate chip cookies. I love it when she needs a break from studying and has energy to burn! 

I am creating...zentangles. I think someone recommended this book in Instagram or Amazon recommended to me, I have enjoyed the relaxing doodles of zen tangles.


I am going...to try to stay home all Monday- Wednesday. I hope saying it this doesn't wreck it. 

I am reading...(to kids) Kit Carson by Shannon Garst. We have enjoyed other biographies by Garst, including Jim Bowie.
I'm reading How Dante Can Save Your Life by Rob Dreher. I love Dante but still haven't made it through the whole Comedia. The author weaves the story of his life and his takes us through a tour of Dante's world. 

I am watching...nothing, still looking for suggestions and some time to sit on the couch. The kids have Little House season 4 going.
Watch tv?
 I came home to this scene of Nick and Euly sitting on chairs, watching chickens.


I am listening to...Lilly take her bath. She's so creative and funny and "the mouth doesn't stop." I love it, she tells stories to herself that cracks her up. Crazy creative gal! I love her! 

I am hoping...to find local peeps for hair doing and teeth checking. I have cancelled too many appointments with my old peeps that finding someone local would be nice. #smalltownproblems

I am looking forward to...Max's graduation! I ordered announcements and have ready to go in the mail. I am so happy and proud and excited he is done! Marine System/Ocean Engineering!  (Unless he goes toward graduate studies). But he should be leaving Galveston by the end of May, maybe headed our way, depending on this soggy oil job market.

I am learning...how to use my camera. I have always used the green button too much, then AV, and some preset settings. Max drove up to spend time with me playing around and taking pictures to improve my knowledge and skills. I have learned so much and need to get out and practice, especially low light and work on composition using my willing models.

We went to Brenham to get a change of scenery. You know Texas is out of ice cream, Brenham is rallying around its hometown ice cream. I can't believe a whole company is shut down! I hope everyone rallys around them when they work out the kinks and start making us some ice cream again!
It's getting hot out there!
no ice cream?



I like pretty doors.




Around the house...chicken coop construction still. We are making progress despite the rains!





I am pondering...menu for Max's graduation lunch, cater local or bring food with me? Lilly's birthday, celebrate at home or in Galveston, Molly's birthday- how to celebrate while traveling and what cakes to bring for First Communion. 

A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today:

Prayer to Mary, Undoer of Knots

Virgin Mary, Mother of fair love, Mother who never refuses to come to the aid of a child in need, Mother whose hands never cease to serve your beloved children because they are moved by the divine love and immense mercy that exists in your heart, cast your compassionate eyes upon me and see the snarl of knots that exist in my life. You know very well how desperate I am, my pain, and how I am bound by these knots, Mary, Mother to whom God entrusted the undoing of knots in the lives of His children, I entrust into your hands the ribbon of my life. No one, not even the evil one himself, can take it away from your precious care. In your hands there is no knot that cannot be undone. Powerful Mother, by your grace and intercessory power with your Son and my Liberator, Jesus, take into your hands today this knot.

(Mention your request here)

I beg you to undo it for the glory of God, once for all. You are my hope. O my Lady, you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength, the enrichment of my destitution, and with Christ, the freedom from my chains. Hear my plea. Keep me, guide me, protect me, o safe refuge!

Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me. Amen. 

One of my favorite things...helping little ones get to their first confession. Saturday nine of the eleven in our Ccd class has their first confession. (One already did another day, another was sick.) 
They are nervous and sweet. I love walking them to the confessional and showing them where to go. They come out glowing in joy! It is a beautiful sacrament of love and mercy! Next up May crowning (May 3) and First Communion (May10). 

A few plans for the rest of the week... school, complete chicken coop, garden fence construction, last dance class, get Nick paperwork for drivers license ready, plan birthday for Lilly, who is turning 5 (a big marker).

Something that made me laugh, chuckle..
chicken obsession

A peek into my day..
Sisters!
.
Happy Last Week of April!

8 comments:

  1. I so understand that craving to have some days at home!
    Your photography has really turned a corner, excellent:)
    I'm preparing one of our son's for his First Confession and FHC atm, another for his Confirmation. Such a privilege.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I agree, sacrament prep times are so very special!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures Mary! I too understand the desire to have days at home and we have no where near the busy life you guys have! Blessings and peaceful week to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your camera skills are amazing! Especially capturing that flying chicken! I am a very visual person and tend to just look at your pictures vs. reading posts. Just not enough time in the day! However, because you posts such great pictures I can really get a sense of your life. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way Christine. I think a photo can capture a moment better than I can with words. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I'm breezing through here (my apologies...so behind on reading and things are hectic) but have I told how much I wish I lived in the country?

    ReplyDelete