Thursday, April 30, 2015

{Counting Gifts} April Thankfulness

Taking time to note times I see God's work in my life especially with the very little things as well as the big. I'm thankful for all the gifts in life. Helping me to keep perspective...


Molly's zucchini noodle salad
A good read to get life in perspective. We aren't hunted or tortured. We can practice our Catholic faith. Thank God for the witness of the English martyrs.


"Hey mom, want to read a story I've been writing?"
Yes!
5000 words later!

At home pedicure

Ceci getting me out for a bike ride, 
and getting out before the heat did.

Surviving Weather weirdness

Country visits
All the ladies locked in, coming in on their own.
Dad to Lilly: I really don't want chickens in the house.
An exasperated Lilly:
Then how am I going to watch tv now?

Amazing neighbors
Helped to guide nine clean souls
Time to clean out the dress up box
Rediscovering doodles

An opportunity to practice patience
Lily and her kindness to everyone we meet. Reconciling friendships.

I'm thankful for my sense to breathe fresh air, see sunlight, feel wind in my hair, and hear the sounds of children play and birds sing.

Exciting hail.

Conversation starters with Lilly in the car: How does grass grow? How do we get water to the house through the pipes for us to drink? Did you and dad have a long kiss on your wedding? 

I'm touching the sky.

Volunteers

Finding another use for those little house windows with clings.

No dumpster damage fees! Phew!

Cheating on Costco with my beloved HEB. How I missed variety!

Phil 4:8 "for the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline, think on these things.

Third time in shop the month, for different and unrelated problems, sigh! Come on car, I'm cheering for you! Let's go another 100k!
&
That Craig is in town when I need him.
&
One car in shop, my car dies. Aaa and Craig to rescue! Thank God. Magnolia auto truly good business!

Finally feeling better after being sick.

Hanging out with Lilly while the big kids do their thing. Quite the character!

Lol! Doesn't apply to three year olds.

Reading

Getting out of the car to soak in a good long deep breath
From the ferry

Zip lines, friends and bravery.

.


Chicken in the barn- silly Lilly. Chickens that don't mind being pets.
Hand crank popcorn always tastes better.
Lily of the Valley, and my Lilly who loves finding them.

The Chacha
Friends to play mud kitchen.
Sunsets and family fence building 

"...you are quite normal.."
Words I needed to read.

Learning more about chicken behaviors

Sharing the hammock.

Going the scenic way home.

She knows the right way to get honey from honeysuckle

Shelia Rae
"My first little boys name will be..Star Fire."
Lil
"I will have four boys and six girls."

Pre - Easter Vigil 
 Smell of tomato plants while watering them
Easter decorating

The doors are open
Hours to relax
Preparation day

Flowers arriving just in time.

Checking on the chicks
Good hearted girl

Joy! Can't skip without it and Lilly skips everywhere!

Wild flowers from my girls.
Flowers everywhere! I love springtime!
We both prefer her to snuggle when she doesn't feel well.
Bluebonnets while they last.
Big sisters to give you a lift.

When she is happy
Everyone is happy 
And 
It fills my heart!

Three on a train. 

Joy! ... For a little while
And it was supposed to be overcast all day!
Appreciating each and every bluebonnet
#Texasgirl

After bringing the Rv home
I bless it with holy water and Lilly told I didn't need to do that because Ceci already did 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You remind me to love my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A black and white...very pretty! So interesting seeing your spring flowers! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete