Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March Daybook starting a month of new beginnings

Outside my window...
gloomy cloudy and cold. It will be spring soon enough, I guess a few more weeks of yuck is ok. (Sorry guys up north, send some snow down here, my kids would love to see it).
The igniter went out in one of the furnaces but the part should be here this week. Thank goodness for space heaters and blankets and ... Texas! 

I am thinking...
of memory phrases for Lent. One of my teenagers has a phrase she says in frustration- "Can you just not?" And it may not be the nicest thing to say to someone, it seems the perfect phrase to have in my head in my journey toward self control this Lent.
Lemon cake... Can you just not... Tempt me.
Irritating mess... Can you just not...Test my control
Yes, I can just not! 
Haha poor grammar wins for my head.

I am praying for..
friends and all fighting cancer. A friend's daughter and all young women who listen to the wrong people in their lives. For purity of all youth.
Sunday's reading was so good, yes, you, young Catholics  especially, but all youth
God is speaking to you:

EPISTLE I Thess. 4:1-7
Brethren: For the rest therefore, brethren, pray and beseech you in the Lord Jesus that, as you have received from us, how you ought to walk and to please God, so also you would walk, that you may abound the more.
For you know what precepts I have given to you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification: That you should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor, Not in the passion of lust, like the Gentiles that know not God: And that no man overreach nor circumvent his brother in business: because the Lord is the avenger of all these things, as we have told you before and have testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto sanctification, in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

I am thankful...
for my hard working, sweet loving husband who will be celebrating a birthday this week!

In the kitchen...
Sunday dinner. Craig decided to cook Sunday dinner: Stew with corn bread. For the stew he browned the beef first, then the base he added sweet potatoes, onion cut corn and carrots. It tasted like dessert. But I had lemon cake for that. 
Comfort food for yucky days.

We are creating...

died eggs, I hate to use the name Pysansky eggs because these won't be as elaborate but it's a great project to work on some, put down and pick back up.
And we read Patrica Polacco's Rechenka's Eggs

I am going...

to be spending the week at the library. My house has been taken over  by the sheet rock repairmen. He brought more helpers today. He bought the paint and is ready to transform my main rooms. I am so excited!

I am reading...
finishing Swallows and Amazons and look for all the squeals. Are they are good and interesting as the first?

I am watching...
The Grand Hotel
It is addictive but the elastic/ bouncing ping pongy story lines are driving me crazy. 
Will he leave stay leave stay?
Who died or who will die? (cause someone will).
How mean can Dona Teresa get?
Who else can out mean dona Teresa?
I could do without the bedroom scene details, at least they are infrequent and I'm not watching with my kids. It is interesting but all too fast paced, without getting anything resolved.

am listening to...
The actors speak Spanish and I like to have it loud enough to try to translate some as I hear it. The sheet rock guys speak Spanish, so I feel emerged in Spanish this week. haha I wish I get up to speed with it again. 

Around the house...
the little house burning is done. We have left overs we need to sort and organize and have some hauled off. It's a big relief and we met the insurance company's deadline. We still have the dumpster a little longer, but it's for good reason. 
It's a little exciting and overwhelming to have so many projects going at the same time. I relish the progress. At some points we have nothing going on and then, I relish the quiet and peace and privacy. 

I am pondering...
paint colors for the girls' room. We are going to pick a sky blue for walls and ceiling. All other ceilings will stay white, but the girls want the effect of the sky all around them. They are thinking of having some kind of twinkle lights on the ceiling for stars at night. I'm sure they will add more colors to the walls. It's only paint. I'm happy for them to express their creativity in planning. I will help with execution, so they can too. It nice to be in a home that I don't worry about putting it on the market in the future and feeling the weight of every change  looking though the eyes of a future buyer. Phew! What a relief to have a place to make our home.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
to get settled back into the main parts of the house, and to paint the little girls' room. Try to school while out and about. Plan a birthday celebration for my husband.


A peek into my day...

2 comments:

  1. Love sharing your thoughts with you, my friend!
    Such exciting things going on in your lives down there!
    I wish I could share some of our snow with you and your little ones...even just for a bit. : )
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have your gyprock going on!
    Great you got the little house done in time but I'm sure emotionally hard.
    and another project, intriguing.
    Enjoy the library:)

    ReplyDelete