Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Word/Phrase/Theme of the Year

Fruitful generosity 

2014 was an amazing year for answered prayers. So much to be thankful for and I want to express my gratitude with an attitude of giving, consciously practicing generosity and living fuller to benefit others around me.

Offer up more, do more, pray more, give more of myself and consciously practice sacrifice in thought, words, deeds, and material goods. Emulating Mary and the saints for example and inspiration.

CCC 2402 In the beginning God entrusted the earth and its resources to the common stewardship of mankind to take care of them, master them by labor, and enjoy their fruits.The goods of creation are destined for the whole human race. However, the earth is divided up among men to assure the security of their lives, endangered by poverty and threatened by violence. The appropriation of property is legitimate for guaranteeing the freedom and dignity of persons and for helping each of them to meet his basic needs and the needs.

2407 In economic matters, respect for human dignity requires the practice of the virtue of temperance, so as to moderate attachment to this world's goods; the practice of the virtue of justice, to preserve our neighbor's rights and render him what is his due; and the practice of solidarity, in accordance with the golden rule and in keeping with the generosity of the Lord, who "though he was rich, yet for your sake . . . became poor so that by his poverty, you might become rich."

I am in awe of  who I have in my life, what I have, where I am,  and I am so thankful to know these people, love these people and I want to share that more outwardly then just in the huddle of a circle of those I love.

Not sure how it will manifest. I pray for a bigger, more trusting heart and God to show me His will to direct my actions.  Hoping we may be better souls by the end of these short twelve months to come.
Famous prayer I found again today in a sweet prayer book: Rural Life prayer book 

Wishing abundant blessings to you for 2015!!


No comments:

Post a Comment