Sunday, July 13, 2014

Austin Get Away


The girls and I had a road trip to Austin to visit the grandparents and see my sisters and nieces, nephews, and cousins. We went for a hike along Bull Creek at the St. Ed's preserve. It was a warm day, but we had shade and breezes. 


 


Midway we stopped at a nice spot and let the kids play for a few hours in the cool water.





We visited my mother in law and celebrated her birthday. I didn't get a chance to take a picture. The girls and I had a great visit. We visited a good old fashioned bake sale, and had lunch with her, girls swam in the indoor pool and gave her birthday gifts.
I always think: we need to do that again soon! 


One evening we watched the sunset at the Oasis Sunset party. Lake Travis is so low, what we used to call "sometimes island" is now a peninsula all the way to the park at the dam. Strange to see trees growing on land we never saw before, in areas we just sailed over.
We brought our bikes with us and I took Lilly for a thrilling ride on the old golf course trails. The hills are very exciting and challenging to ride. Beautiful scenery with wildflowers, dragonflies and bird activity.
Lilly had a good time singing on the bumpy trails.



We stayed an extra day to visit and meet my new great nephew. What a precious baby! Little fingers and tiny toes. Sweet smile. And his darling parents let me and the girls hold him to our hearts' content. Aw babies! I love babies. This little guy is sweet and very good natured. It was delightful to see his new parents beam with joy! I'm so happy for this little family!
He's Lilly's closest-in-age cousin.



2 comments:

  1. Mary...
    I loved every single photo!
    Such a wonderful time for you all!
    I'm glad you had the visits, and that baby?!?!
    Ohhhhhhhh. My. I miss snuggling with sweet babes. : )
    Have a wonderful day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie Jo! I love when you stop by. A wonderful day to you too!

      Delete