Monday, June 9, 2014

Answer Me This....


1. Do you have a land line?
Not anymore. We had trouble with cell reception in our home, so our carrier switched the land line to a cell, and gave us a Mcell (mini cell tower to get past radiant barrier in attic). 
Sometimes I wonder about whether we will miss it if there is an extended power outage. 

2. What is your least favorite food?
Cooked spinach. Especially from a can.
No thank you, Popeye!


3. What's on your summer reading list?
Looking forward to suggestions in the links ups.
We are reading Lord of the Rings to my teens and tweens as our read aloud.

4. Is there something that people consistently ask for your advice on? What is it?
Homeschooling high school. It seems a lot more daunting at that 8th grade decision point, than high school actually is. I find these the most rewarding years of homeschooling. 

5. What's the most physically demanding thing you've ever done?
Natural child birth with my first, actually it was the mental hurtles of having natural childbirth. When I was pregnant with my oldest, people in my then world (ie. professional working world) didn't have many babies, and when they did it was with as much medical intervention as possible. So when I planned a natural birth, all the women I worked with, or came in contact with (except siblings) thought I had lost it, and tried to convince me otherwise. Fortunately the labor pains never got to the point I couldn't handle it, and afterwards I felt like screaming "I am woman, hear me roar."

The most physically demanding thing I have to overcome, is just continuing to work out every day and get off the couch and out. It's amazing how easy it is to slip and wonder how many days has it been since I was out there working out?!

6. How do you feel about massage?
Love it! I had a professional massage one time and it was a little hard to relax with a stranger. I love the scalp massages at the hair dresser.
I am blessed to be married to the most patient and willing masseuse! Not sure how I'd ever handle stress, sore muscles or even sleep without him!

so visit Kendra for her Ask Me This link up

No comments:

Post a Comment