Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mercy Sunday Daybook

Outside my window...the girls were having fun watering the yard, it was a pretty day for playing in the sprinklers.





I am thinking...about the special feast instituted by our new saint Pope John Paul II in 2000: Divine Mercy Sunday. Mercy, such a beautiful gift, a beautiful act of the will. Today we celebrate this wonderful gift of our God, after praying the novena for the previous nine days, and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. The intentions are beautiful and little lessons for us and how to give mercy to receive mercy.

Yesterday my first communion class went to their first confession. Due to the promises Christ told Saint Faustina one receives an indulgence when going to confession this weekend. So it was my pleasure to direct my kids to the front of  the line and into the confessional ahead of the many others seeking Gods mercy in this beautiful sacrament.

It is a true gift to me to see and help and guide these precious children prepare throughout the school year for these beautiful sacraments: penance and receiving Holy Eucharist. They rise to the occasion, they mature, they beam with happiness with their newly re-whitened souls! What a gift from Christ to have us restart anew, refreshed and strengthened with Grace. 

I am praying for..these sweet children to walk is Christ's Love and be a light for Christ all of their days. 

I am thankful...for the opportunity for this work as CCD teacher. Sacrament years are my favorite years to work with my children to immerse ourselves in catechism. Since I have taken over teaching the first Communion class at our parish, I get to experience that same joy every year through these special children of my parish.

In the kitchen...Molly just juiced some organic carrots. Yummm.

I am reading...Farmer Boy and Lord of The Rings as read a-louds.

I am watching...well, we watched Shakespeare's MacBeth out at Winedale.


It was a beautiful day for a visit to this special barn in the country.
and rides on brother's shoulders.

I am pondering...Veiling having a come back. Do you veil? Do women at your parish?
If you are interested, my favorite place to buy beautiful veils is at Veils by Lily,
I have also had luck finding pretty veils on ebay.



A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today...
Merciful Jesus, I trust in Thee.

One of my favorite things...listening to my children practice their music. Molly is currently working on a Vivaldi concerto.



A few plans for the rest of the week...school and preparations for a May Crowning at church.


A peek into my day...Lilly playing at the park.
She is quite the character. She still mixes up some pronouns using "my" for the nominative instead of "I" and I will not correct it. She's figured out the rest of the English language to this point on her own.
"My going to climb the ladder." 
"My love you mommy." Too cute to stop too soon.




Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment