Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend Daybook

"Therefore whilst we have time, let us do good."
Gal 6:10


Outside my window...overcast and rain showers on and off during the weekend. Cold in morning, pleasant during the day, windy as another cold front rolls in.

I am praying for..Max to find a summer internship, long time question to be answered, comfort to distressed souls, Father's father in his final days, for a miracle for Ben, and healing for (a father of young children)Danny's second battle with cancer. 

I am thankful...for my husband's job and his dedication to his family and to God. Thankful also for the relaxed time spent this week with Max and Molly. Thankful she listened to her instincts about car's brakes. 

In the kitchen...easy fare: beef nachos for lunch. Molly is making French onion soup for dinner. 

I am creating...Sunday school plans for a candle craft for St. Joseph's feast day. Our family and our parish have a special devotion to St. Joseph. We are praying a novena leading up to his feast day, especially asking for the support of our parish.

I am looking forward to ...Mass and dinner for St Joseph's feast day on Wednesday. We have this Holyland olive wood statue on my mantle. I love the expression on Jesus' face.




I am watching...this video about what a strong bond of friendship and support.



Anything for love ... from Albert Bredenhann on Vimeo.

A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure. A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth. A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God finds;  for he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself. (Sirach 6,14-17)

I am reading...Councils of Perfection for Christian Mothers for me and still reading Amon and Josephus 
to the kids. We are working through Jewish culture and Holy Land studies. I'm looking for a kit for the temple in Jerusalem, any suggestions?


Around the house...so many of the kids have colds, there is a lot of lounging around while trying to feel better. Euly has had it most of the week, now the older ones caught it just in time to return to classes; hope it runs through them faster than Euly.

I am pondering...getting my garden started. It can be an exercise in futility without many fruits or vegetables overall, but still feel efforts are time well spent regardless. There is something very satisfying in growing our own food, even if we do have the years of the "$50 tomato" or rather, bell pepper, as it usually is for me.

A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today...
"My God, what will happen to me today, I do not know; but I do know that nothing will happen to me which Thou hast not foreseen and ordained for my greater good. I accept then Thy thrice holy will; I submit myself to it, and desire to delight in it despite all the revolts of reason, and the repugnances of my nature."
Elizabeth sister of Louis XVI
(She was executed at the guillotine wearing her miraculous medal)

A few plans for the rest of the week...planning to concentrate on school this week now that spring breakers go back to school, especially math and English. Goal to get Nick ready for math placement test for a class I want him in the fall! and we are moving in to Catholic Heritage English program for Nick and Euly.

Something that made me laugh...merry-go-round fun.






A peek into my day...the girls like to keep me company while I do yardwork and help with the sword like trimmings:




 They both were able to dramatically act our their defeats:


 Have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment