Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Sunday Daybook


The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today.

Saint Francis

A sneak peek of our-hopefully-someday-forever-house...
Outside its window...a panoramic from my phone with a Ceci at both ends.
I am thinking and hoping...it will be worth the wait.

I am praying for..repose of souls for a few who passed this month, for healing of my Aunt La Trieve, travelers, and in thanksgiving.

I am thankful...for God's blessings, answered prayers and for a wonderful  husband.

In the kitchen...Molly made some yummy hot and sour soup for her sick mommy.

I am reading...we finished Amon's Adventure and a few things struck my kids uncomfortable. When Amon met a woman at the well and had  a discussion of competing woes. My kids said our Blessed Mother would not have had that discussion and they were uncomfortable with that situation. Also when the disciples hid in Amon's "upper room," oh man, my kids didn't like that depiction. I kept telling them it would be hard to write fictional characters into a true story we know well. Otherwise it is a good story and good tour around Jerusalem and the temple continuing our studies of the Holy Land. 



We are also still making our way through Josephus and they are going to work on learning about and building a model of Solomon's temple this week.

I am watching...this video about a Father's sacrifice. Do you remember hearing about this story in the news? It came to my attention this week in honor of WDSD.




and I am pondering this...in the time it took him to sing her a song...



and I am thinking... this looks like a creative way to distract pulling a tooth.



I am looking forward to...getting our "testing" in TKD over with. Hopefully we will break our boards and remember our kicks.

Around the house...Lilly reached a big landmark today, the day she realized her siblings were off playing with friends and she only had me, wishing she had Ceci to play with.
I'm a good companion for a while, we played pretend, where she was "Summer" and I was "Charlotte" for hours and hours. She never got out of character. After running low on play ideas and energy, I offered to bake something with her. She liked the idea of making a small batch of peanut butter cookies. She enjoyed making and eating them. 


I am pondering...how our new daily timer schedule will stick. I implemeneted it last week from the Donnayoung.org site to get the kids to see how efficient or how inefficient their school days are. Euly loved it, Nick did not. She filled it out as a diary, he did not. I filled it in for him best I could. It is a system that takes practice, but can really help see where the day goes.

A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today...
"He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist."
Saint Francis

A few plans for the rest of the week: get well, take kids to classes, lay low. 

Fourth week of Lent, here we come! Have a blessed week! Some words from Saint Francis:

"Keep a clear eye toward life's end. Do not forget your purpose and destiny as God's creature. What you are in His sight is what you are and nothing more. Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take nothing that you have received...but only what you have given; a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage."

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection of videos (well, the last one was funny) and quotes from Saint Francis. Thank you for sharing!

    You've been unwell... 'hope you feel better soon. How wonderful to have doting children around you. God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia for your kind words! God bless you!!

      Delete