Saturday, March 29, 2014

Laetare Sunday Daybook

Lautare Sunday...Rejoice, O Jerusalem...
Whoo-hoo...We are halfway through Lent!
Did your priest wear rose vestments today? I love the liturgical colors to lift our spirits and mark the excitement of the season.
Next Sunday is Passion Sunday, then Palm Sunday, then Easter!!

Outside my window...one of the pine pests causing so many allergies. It just looks maniacal, doesn't it?




I am thinking...baby leaves are so pretty.

I am praying for..repose of faithfully departed souls, health for my dear aunt, college students, young people and their decision making.

I am thankful...that my sweetie knows his way around cars. He replaced the brakes on Molly's car after they blew out (didn't know that was possible), saving us loads of cost from the repair shop. Also thankful she was on hand this weekend to keep him company  help bleed the brakes. I spent much of our pre-marriage time together helping hang out with him work on his project cars, including bleeding air out of the brake lines. I know the fun she is having. :)



I am creating...Sunday school plans.
Actually I am borrowing the creativity of Lacy at Catholic Icing. Nicholas, in my CCD class, colored this one. We spent most of the class on it, a good 45 minutes and most kids did not finish it, but were happy to take home to complete. I glued the two pages together before class to make it easier. 



Lacy, thank you!! Often times I don't have a lot of time to come up with crafts for Sunday School. I enjoy fairly easy things for them to keep their hands busy and minds open to listen to me read and discuss First Communion topics. It is also a treat to find so many Eucharist ideas. I read stories of the Last Supper and discussed Pentecost and Covenants. This age is fun to teach, they have open hearts and so much to learn. 

And for next Sunday's class, we will prepare a calendar countdown to their first communion. I think we will use this novena from Margaret's priest to pray.

I am reading...The Face of the Nazarene (Noel Trimming) and Josephus, and Remembering the Prophets of Sacred Scripture (Marianna Mayer) and adding to an Olt Testament timeline. Nicholas built Solomon's temple last week, (very patient builder, I must say) and this week we are going to concentrate on the geography of the Holy Land, and learning more about the apostles.

I am watching...Once Upon on Time on Netflx. I started a few with Euly, but unfortunately it turned out a bit intense and mature for what I thought it would be. I'm disappointed. I love the see fairy tales/modern world allegories.

I am listening to...Shoofly. I downloaded a few more via iTunes to listen on our trips into Houston.

I am looking forward to...hosting Easter here this year. I am hoping for a big turn out from the college nieces and nephews since we are at a midpoint for a few of them.

A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today...
“When you are before the altar where Christ reposes, you ought no longer to think that you are amongst men; but believe that there are troops of angels and archangels standing by you, and trembling with respect before the sovereign Master of Heaven and earth. Therefore, when you are in church, be there in silence, fear, and veneration.” - Saint John Chrysostom

One of my favorite things...receiving flowers from someone I love.


A few plans for the rest of the week...April begins this week. I will work on the garden, preparing it for whatever we decide for this year, school, classes, Stations of the Cross, then go cheer on Marilyn in the Ironman competition!

Something that made me laugh, chuckle..Lilly wanted to make St. Therese style sacrifice beads for herself and her friend at church, Michael. She did not want to stop at ten, it wasn't enough sacrifice, so she has 22 on her string, and Michael has 26.



A peek into my day...beautiful day for playing outside in new swimsuits.







The girls cleaned up the old plastic pool. In Texas, Spring usually skips straight to summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment