Thursday, February 20, 2014

pretty, happy, funny, real: good deals and bad deals


{pretty} & {happy}
We made a quick visit today to the Blue Bell Creamery to see how delicious ice cream is made. 
(No cameras allowed inside)
And were treated to a big serving of ice cream. I tried a new flavor "I ❤️ chocolate." 
                                                  If you  ❤️ chocolate, find some! 



Blue Bell's motto: "We eat all we can and sell the rest."



{funny} & {real} 
& {and a little embarrassing confession}
Caveat emptor
A lesson in  Buyer Beware
My girls and I were looking through street vendor's quilt selection, and we found some nice quilts at a really good bargain. As I was settling up, the girls found this gem and said, mom, we can't leave this here. They showed me a few panels and it looked nice. The vendor gave a "good deal."



A look closer revealed (too late) a few strange spellings and misconceptions of faith:
"St. Jhon the Baptism yoused this to Baptis people and Jesus"

yoused..? oh my
And apparently John is often misspelled this way...


 "St. Mark had a simble of a lion because he wanted Jesus and other people to be brave."

mispelling aside, I think it was Jesus who did the inspiring...





 A lot of nice fabric and time when into making this collection of symbols. The girls are thinking of restitching the problem panels.

Go visit Like Mother Like Daughter for more contentment

No comments:

Post a Comment