Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lazy Daybook Journal from my view on the couch

Outside my window...sunny and a little cool. Warmer today after below freezing winter storm froze us this last week. I saw an icicle Friday, and Thursday Euly made an ice ball. Big deal around here.

This is today...

One of my favorite things...sunshine. Especially sunshiny days after days of ick, cold and clouds. Texas blue skies: beautiful and blue and big. Love, love, love it! Sunshine makes me very happy.

I am thankful...for a dreamy husband who dreams.

I am watching...Jack Reacher a Tom Cruise crime solving action movie. Good, fast paced. Found out these are based on books by Lee Child so now I have birthday present idea for my sweetie.
I took the kids to Frozen this week. It was cute, the not a bad guy bad guy but a misunderstood sister story. It was sweet. Sister love no matter what, I can relate.

I am reading...Green Rust by Edgar Wallace; a Stranger at Green Knowe by Lucy Boston as our read aloud, and Charlotte's Web to Ceci for a book club she is going to participate.

I am hoping...for...well, something I am keeping close to my heart today.

I am praying...this beautiful Prayer of St Bonaventure:
Recommended for praying after Communion, from the red missal for the traditional Latin Mass:
Pierce, O most sweet Lord Jesus, my inmost soul with the most joyous and healthful wound of Thy love, and with true, calm and most holy apostolic charity, that my soul may ever languish and melt with entire love and longing for Thee, may yearn for Thee and for thy courts, may long to be dissolved and to be with Thee.
Grant that my soul may hunger after Thee, the Bread of Angels, the refreshment of holy souls, our daily and super substantial bread, having all sweetness and savor and every delightful taste. May my heart ever hunger after and feed upon Thee, Whom the angels desire to look upon, and may my inmost soul be filled with the sweetness of Thy savor; may it ever thirst for Thee, the fountain of life, the fountain of wisdom and knowledge, the fountain of eternal light, the torrent of pleasure, the fullness of the house of God.
May it ever compass Thee, seek Thee, find Thee, run to Thee, come up to Thee, meditate on Thee, speak of Thee, and do all for the praise and glory of Thy name, with humility and discretion, with love and delight, with ease and affection, with perseverance to the end; 
And may Thou be alone ever my hope, my entire confidence, my riches, my delight, my pleasure, my joy, my rest and tranquility, my peace, my sweetness, my food, my refreshment, my refuge, my help, my wisdom, my portion, my possession, my treasure; in Whom may my mind and my heart be ever fixed and firm and rooted immovably. Amen.

I am looking forward to...seeing what all 2014 has to offer. January has been a good month, especially for one of my least favorite months. As far as keeping with the Let go, Let God aim of my resolutions, I found this prayer by Saint Ignatius specially beautiful and appropriate today:

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.

Around the house...we worked so hard last weekend: mulching, cleaning, dejunking. This weekend we are sitting back and enjoying the fruits of our hard work.

I am pondering...the education from Magic School Bus videos on netflix. We started years ago with classic MSB books, before pbs discovered by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen.
These original books are very well done with data, jokes and comments in the sidelines to compliment the meaty topics. By the time Max was schoolageish, pbs had discovered the books and made their shows with their accompanying watered down books. These were still good, just not near as meaty, but still good science info for the earlier schooler. Then we forgot about the good ole bus and its quirky teacher. Lilly discovered on the Bus on netflix, and Nick down have enjoyed the shows and brief introduction to scientific topics for fun. Just looking at these years later, the original books are still the best, and can be interactively entertaining when read with child. Mrs. Frizzle's kind of strange wouldn't fly in today's American education. Over night field trips?? Field trips without permission slips and chaperons? Letting students take chances and make mistakes! A homeschooler at heart.

A favorite quote for today...from Mother Teresa
"Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."
A few plans for the rest of the week... January is done this week that was fast. 2014 is 1/12 done and I still need to do taxes for 2013: waiting of turbo tax updates and all my tax forms...! Yes, just like back in school, I like to be first one done. 

I am wearing...now, back from church, I put my comfy sweats, comfy sweater and nice and comfy wool socks.

A peek into my day...lazy relaxing Sunday afternoon. A much needed and appreciated day-of-rest.
sharing couch "workspace" with Molly

Cc working on a portrait of me?  with a photo bombing Lilly jumping on the couch while watching Magic School Bus. Wild days here.


Have a happy week!


No comments:

Post a Comment