Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Counting gifts

Counting gifts of big and little events, thoughts, prayers, experiences I don't want to forget.

4500 "Darn it, mom. You always stop reading at the most interesting part." Why do I just love that?
4499 Texas. Texans.
4498 Taking my CCD kids on a tour of the confessional, and letting them try it out. Hoping to help work out any nerves.
4497 Allowing a day off walking without worry that I'll give in entirely.
4496 Picture of love left for me to find. I love how we are both smiling.

4495 Overheard Lilly talking to Ceci and Maggie:
"Yes I have a boyfriend....
He isn't very nice, and he has loooong black hair...
and he is old...
and he had this wooden leg... 
and his hand is kinda has a claw (demonstrates)." 
"Lilly, is your boyfriend Captain Hook.?" "Yes!"
4494 "Oh, no! what happened to that __(insert any and every animal)__?" exclaimed a very concerned Lilly in the animal diorama at HMNS. Not sure where all the empathy came from, not her first visit.
4493 Feeling triumphant in battle when I successfully brought 7 kids 44 miles in an hour and half to their science day classes safely.
4492 Being at the zoo and something about the day brought back memories of so many other times at the zoo over the years; especially touching memory of DD and Marilyn watching little Max while I had my hair done (and his popcorn) and taking Nathan and Char when their dad was dealing with cancer diagnosis.
4491 Cute little girls and a turtle.

4490 From another St. Joe prayer:
 "Help me to share, as you did, the perfect obedience of Jesus, who came not to do His Will, but the Will of His Father, to trust in the Providence of God, knowing that if I do His Will, He will provide for all my needs of soul and body; to be calm in my trials and to leave it to out Lord to free me from them when it pleases Him to do so."
4489 Peter, about the schoolroom; "Wow! Somehow it got cleaned up."
4488 Sounds of kids upstairs happily playing the night before science day.
4487 The trail on such a nice evening


4486 Molly's first day of a new semester. That back-to-school excitement!
4485 Having to stay in bed with a sick girl. She won't let me get up, tentacles holding me in place, or she cries, and I don't want that. Poor baby.
4484 Him


4483 This part:
"O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thine arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw m dying breath."
4482 "I'll have no swear words in here...unless I'm doing the swearin'." Mrs. Patmore channeling me.
4481 De Clutter ing...so nice
4480 Reclaimed schoolroom, nicer than ever. Ready to restart school.

4479 Confirmed in the faith
4478 Accepting the risks, forcing the worries out.
4477 Beautiful St. Joe prayer:
O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, assist me by thy powerful intercession and obtain for me all spiritual blessings through thy foster Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord, so that, having engaged here below thy heavenly power, I may offer thee my thanksgiving and homage.
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thine arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.
St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for me.
4476 Selling Max on the house idea, sharing enthusiasm. Wasn't a hard sale at all. He gets us.
4475 Everyone working hard to get the house ready.
4474 Focusing on hope, not getting caught in the fears...trying.
4473 Coping with illness
4472 Confirmation clothes shopping with Nick and Euly
4471 Improvements
4470 College breaks - having kids at home. Just Relaxing. Nothing to do. Nice time for memories
4469 Random quote
"Love is how you stay alive...even after you're gone."
4468 This reminder:

4467 Finding inspiration and motivation right where we are
4466 Stopping over thinking, well, trying to.
4465 Waller dreaming...again.
4464 Going with his gut, trusting it.
4463 Fresh paint, a whole new look.
4462 Loud  sloppy rain drops
4461 Support for where I am right now. And again in a few minutes. Lol
4460 Early morning phone calls with my sister
4459 Judgement free friendships
4458 Play days and good conversation
4457 Adopting a holy mantra to offer worries to our loving God.
4456 Taking a long walk between bad weather days
4455 CCD coordinator duties, a way to give back
4454 Frequent confession and an evening dedicated to going as a family
4453 Playing peek a boo with a bed bound sick girl.
4452 A wall of candles begging to be lit


4451 Still celebrating Christmas in January 



4450 Weather swings. Comfort is just days away


4449 Comforting and holding a sick Lilly on the couch
4448 My first In and Out Burger

4447 Time with dd.
4446 Man proposes, God disposes!
4445 Seven hour Traci visit
4444 Acting on a New Years resolution like never before
4443 Second chances
4442 Renewed hope
4441 Hope for exciting new year changes
4440 "Fiat Voluntas Tua." Let Thy will be done
4439 Chinese delivery
4438 Drinking hot chocolate and driving around enjoying Christmas lights together
4437 Checking off the must do's during the Christmas season to ensure adequate "Christmas spirit."
4436 Dedicated people! Musical Christmas lights for our enjoyment
4435 Euly and Nick and their neighbor friends 
4434 Gullo Christmas lights

4433 Receiving Christmas cards
4432 Sending Christmas cards
4431 Christmas baked goodies
4430 This one life.
4429 To exercise... because I can
4428 For our eyesight
4427 Simple joys of childhood
4426 Praying for those that have such pain with the holidays after loosing a loved one.
4425 Spending hours in conversation
4424 Lovely dinner conversation about confession
4423 MT's perspective on sufferings. Our Lord must truly love her to give her so much suffering.
4422 MT's wisdom "After loosing a child, how can one worry about a label like dyslexia?" Get perspective, Mary!
4421 Double date
4420 Remembering our first world problems are nothing to complains about
4419 Learning Margaret's story
4418 Weird dream about conversations that never happened but made me think of and be thankful for the friendship that is, and work on it.
4417 Neighbor Julie bringing by fresh rolls and homemade jam for a nice evening treat.

4416 Released from doctor
4415 Taking care of business
4414 Date land shopping with Craig 
4413 Early morning laziness to gaze at beauty

4412 Overheard:"Hey Lilly do you want to play in the sprinkler?" How could it be warm enough after such unseasonably cold? temps back up to 70's
4411 Late night family quest for a treat: third times a charm. Texas stop sign. lol

4410 The greatest birth story ever told: miraculous baby Jesus 
4409 Controlled venting
4408 Marilyn's Christmas artwork

4407 Finally... friends!

4406 Practicing humility: reminding myself it is essential to invoke the will and whatever the issue, wasn't worth the hurt.
4405 Charlie Brown Christmas scene. Not sure why, but it makes me very happy.
4404 Molly and her siblings singing that song she made up so long ago on a country road in Georgia, with the windows down and her hair flying, leaning out as far as she could:  "Christmas lights Christmas lights, I see Christmas liiiiiights..."
4403 Falling star
4402 So many stars. Fall Tall clear night sky. And bon fires.

4401 Reading Pope Francis:
"For the love of God is this, that we obey his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome, for whatever is born of God conquers the world. And his is the victory that conquers the world, our faith. Who is it that conquers the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:4-5) "

3 comments:

  1. WAIT!! STOP THE PRESSES!!! Where OH WHERE did you get an IN&OUT burger???? I am so jealous. In fact, my whole family is jealous! The kids saw the picture and sighed, longingly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol! I thought of you with every yummy bite. it was so good! I have never seen a drive-through line like it. The kids were very impressed. it is in Austin off I 35 and the old airport So many Californians moving to Austin! It was so good; you'll have to make a trip!!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful list! My favorites are the Captain Hook story (ah, little girls!) and "Why Music?". I have a thing for Charlie Brown myself :-)

    ReplyDelete