Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Day Book

Happy Monday

Outside my window...a day I can enjoy gong outside; finally!! sunshine!! and temps getting out of the 30's.
Morning sunshine streaming across my front yard


I am thinking...Nick and Molly's Friday orchestra group has improved. Robin, aka the conductor and their teacher, is so very talented. She adapted the music and wrote pieces for each participating instrument at their particular level. And look at her passion!

Here they are, performing Robin's arrangement of Pirates:




I am praying for..so many friends suffering with cancer and fighting that awful stuff and one hoping for a misdiagnosis (because he's a dad of four young children) and he just finished chemo two months back and doesn't want to start again, and he has great hope and trust in God. Isn't it so humbling to see such pure faith in action?



I am thankful...to know real life heroes.



In the kitchen...kitchen? Oh yes, I have ignored you too long.. This morning I cooked up some apple wood cured bacon with fresh apples for breakfast. Now, you smell like home.



Around the house...it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Still working on Jesse tree. But now that Gaudete Sunday has passed, I'm giving myself permission to finish getting Christmas stuff out.

A favorite quote/verse/prayer for today...from the Introit of Gaudete Sunday:
Rejoice in the Lord always: again I say, rejoice. Let your modesty be known to all men: for the Lord is nigh. Be nothing solicitous: but in every thing by prayer let your petitions be made known to God. -- (Ps. 84. 2). 
Lord, Thou hast blessed Thy land: Thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob. V.: Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Rejoice in the Lord always: again I say, rejoice. Let your modesty be known to all men: for the Lord is nigh. Be nothing solicitous: but in every thing by prayer let your petitions be made known to God.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Gotta go see the endodontist for one last check, and then on my way, maybe some light Christmas shopping, mail some gifts, family photo, grocery (because I keep on the run, I keep forgetting we need food).

Something that made me laugh, chuckle..Craig downloaded an app to help us with exercises, called bootcamp. We were doing a set of these really hard and crazy stomach exercises. Some of the kids came in to make fun of us and Lilly wanted to use me as a trampoline but I mostly kept going. When we decided we had been tortured enough, he challenged those same kids to try, and it was our turn to laugh and give them grief. Those core strengthening exercises are plain mean. I fear we'll all be very sore tomorrow.

A peek into my day...my favorite picture of this past week, the moment captured Lilly's heart soften toward her cousin Rachel, whom she gave such a hard time these past few months.



I've been spending too much time on my phone - but thought I'd share items that caught my attention


Grab a tissue for this message of pain and hope:


Ad all over facebook, thought was cute...especially the dad's reaction:



Sweet tribute surprise to a special hero of WWII:


One of my favorite places to visit it Ave Maria Grotto in Cullman, Alabama, and I recently saw a new documentary done about Brother Joseph.
If you are ever driving through Alabama - you must plan to stop and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment