Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lights- Theme Thursday




Theme Thursday - Lights

I have six children, two that love to help decorate for Christmas, four that want no part of it, but enjoy the results.  My oldest was always the one to encourage me to go ahead and get "the village" out as soon as possible.  So we came to the tradition of putting up the village in the first week of Advent.
Now Ceci has taken his place. She loves it as much, and helps set up, rearranges until she is happy with placement of everyone. It's fun to see the changes day to day.
My mother in law gave us Victoria Station on our first married Christmas long ago, in the tradition her mother had of a village under her tree. She had a house that represented each of her children, with hot wheel cars representing their cars, etc. 
The different thing we did starting last year is add battery led lights, which helps up put them anywhere without worrying about power chords.
This year the round table seemed perfect for a village scene with the electric train running around. Something Ceci is happily playing with many times a day.



6 comments:

  1. I had a good friend growing up and her family had an entire basement full of village. It was one of the most magical experiences of my young life roaming through there every year and looking at all the details. So glad you're able to share this tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful village scene. We don't have one, but I have fond memories of playing iwth my mother's village set when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tradition to share and pass on!
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted something like that, I love how your mother in law started it with the first piece, that is probably the only way I could have started something like this. And it makes it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty candle lights, and what a wonderful tradition you are carrying on with the village!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those village displays - and your candles :)

    ReplyDelete