Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Stuff

Outside my window...Overcast. 
After a beautiful Saturday and a crazy stormy Sunday morning, we woke to leave for Mass with a tree on Molly's car blocking our way. Fortunately Craig is skilled with quick chain saw moves and the car was built like a tank, only roof dent and we arrived only five minutes late.


I am thinking...about remedies for a quick cure to poison ivy.
Ceci woke up Saturday with a little spots on her left cheek, we cleaned with Tecknu;
as the day went on other spots showed to the opposite ear and down both arms.
We technu-ed again, calendula oil and lotion all day to calm the itching.
Any natural remedies, please share!
Mostly I am trying to keep her mind off of the itching, and see if the spreading stops.



I am praying for..Purity of youth,  and the future of our country, and other intentions for 
ST. JUDE NOVENA (day 9)
 Feast day Monday
O St. Jude, holy Apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, you are honored and petitioned by the universal Church, as the patron of desperate, hopeless and impossible cases. Pray for me. I am so very helpless and I feel alone.
Intercede for me that Almighty God may bring swift aid where it is needed most. Come to my assistance in my great time of need! 
Pray for me that I may be given the comfort and help of Jesus. Most importantly, I ask that you pray that I may one day join you and all of the saints in heaven to praise God in consolation, rest and joy for all eternity.
I will remember your prayers, O Holy St. Jude.  I will honor you as my patron as so many have before me because of the graces God deigns to give freely at your request.
O gracious Saint Jude, apostle of my Lord, pray that I may always be open to God's love and live according to His holy will. May I never fail to cooperate with the grace of God, especially when I am in such great need. St. Jude, please intercede with great intensity on my behalf for these intentions...
(State your intentions)
May I forever be deeply and truly thankful to God for the blessings I have received in the past. Help me to understand that I am totally dependent on God and His love and mercy. When I feel alone, as you surely did when you suffered a martyr's death, pray that I will take it as an opportunity to rely on God's grace and love. Amen.
St. Jude, pray for me!
Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner!
Amen.

I am thankful...for good neighbors!

In the kitchen...I made a extra large double chocolate sheet cake for Father's birthday.
We celebrated at the church property during a clearing work day.
Margaret had all kinds of goodies she had Lilly decorate the cake with, bulldozers, tractors and farm animals (and an airplane) and 50 or so "magic candles" that were harder to light than to blow out.


I am creating...
Sunday school plans for a prayer cube.
And thought if something we could do on an easier scale for my guys. 
This is what I came up with:
start with this cube template - it fits an 8x11 piece of card stock paper..
add in small size versions of prayers you want the kids to practice...
(I choose Our Father. Hail Mary, Sign of the Cross, Angel Prayer, Morning Offering, Glory Be on Word and printed very small to fit space).
have the kids glue the tabs into a cube...
voila..simple prayer cube:
8 year old Ceci put this one together
(I cut the pattern out for her).

I am reading...an article about why this dad is going to homeschool:

I am pondering...about this Mike Rowe article on The Blaze and his campaign on rethinking an old campaign about  not working hard, but working smart, ie. college degree versus learning a trade.

I am wondering... if others raise their kids to think about college degrees and the Return of Investment of the costs? Can you make enough to cover the cost of your degree using your degree? Should this be the only consideration? Or should everything be done to avoid college debt as much as possible?
Sociology, Fine Arts, Education, Religious Studies,  Hospitality/ Tourism, Nutrition,  Psychology, Communications
We can't abandon these fields of study, should they be partnered with other fields of study to ensure employment? Tough decisions and choices.

I am watching...a helpful video if you wanted to help explain that "The Pill" isn't a contraception...
 THE PILL = ABORTION



Around the house...
Quick yard clean up after loosing two trees and limbs all over the yard in over night storm.


Happy All Hallow's Eve and All Saints & All Souls Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment