Thursday, July 25, 2013

Theme Thursday- Askew


Askew.... Lots of choices around here. I laughed after reading Cari's post. My house might be an overload to someone with straightening sensibilities, but I don't mind if you straightened them during a visit. 

These two always sit at an angle, 




So I've decided, maybe it is the wall that's askew.  Just keep your head slightly cocked and you'll be fine. Now, that's better:


Or maybe it's just this photographer that can't capture a picture straight. 
I wanted to show a close up anyway. Peruvian religious art is my favorite. It puts me in a good mood and makes the area feel home-y. This painting always inspires me to cook good food for my kids. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this! And what a beautiful image of the Child Jesus and the Blessed Mother! I've been meaning to ask if you've met a newer family at the FSSP parish? Laura W has been a blogging friend for many years and has 7 beautiful children who are accomplished ballet dancers with the Houston Ballet. They just moved to Houston last summer and I just realized they've moved parishes. A really nice family. Anyway, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crooked or not, absolutely beautiful! What an inspiring image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That piece of artwork is breathtaking. Did you buy it in Peru? I'm thinking I have to get something but I'm not likely to make my way down there anytime soon. And I love your way of "correcting" the skewed nature of it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Micaela. A dear friend who volunteers in Peru brought it back for me.

      Delete