Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~  


Pretty
A nice evening bike ride to the park after a few days of rain.





It had been raining on and off for days, and we needed to get out of the house. Ceci and Lilly thought we were due for a bike ride to the park. The park was saturated. An energetic little boy, Ryan, was already there playing in the puddles. The girls were convinced it looked like fun despite the water. They tried to stay dry, then gave in and had fun splashing around the slides and swings.
Ryan's mom was there and we realized we had met before a way back. She's was fun to visit with: conversations about politics, the state of the local college education system, and recent changes in the scouts. We agreed money corrupts in each area. Lively discussion, the girls and I barely made it home by dark.

A Happy surprise
My adopted bald cypress tree is growing. At the 4th of July picnic, a Cub Scout asked me to adopt a tree. He handed me a plastic cup, stuck a stick in it, invited me to fill it up with dirt that he had in a bucket. He advised I keep it wet and it would grow into a great tree. I had my doubts as it just looked like a stick, but now look at it today:

Funny
Ceci made sailboat snacks since sailing is on her mind. She is missing her brothers while they are on the real thing..
For you Max & Nick


She offered to share her snack's ingredients:
Rice cracker boat 
A soft cheese spread
Walnut for the sailor
Basil leaf sail

Real
Basil leaf sails look better than they taste, according to Ceci.
I actually thought the taste combination was refreshing.



Go see more p,h,f,r 
And read Auntie Leila's great post about how to find and make new friends!!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post! Great pictures, especially the rain! Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete