Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Day Book



Outside my window...getting greener with recent rain storms. It feels like all the grass and trees are happy to be so hydrated. Pleasant to be outside even in the 90's. And it looks like we will have rain all week.

I am thinking...its great to be a Texan! I am so proud of our Texas legislators. This world has changed so fast. I am so happy to see some real hope out there, because there is some.. so very bad stuff in our culture.
dwight

I am praying ... For families in this novena (starting today- join me).

I am thankful...for three big good news items this weekend! So much to be optimistic about and look forward to in the future.

In the kitchen... Everyone was off all day except Lilly. Kendall came over looking for Ceci and decided she'd stay and play. "I didn't think I could have so much fun playing with Lilly." We made cookies and play dough.

I am reading...Carry On, Mr Bowditch ( thanks Carol!) and Oars, Sails and Steam, so Nicholas can be more familiar with sailing terms and nautical meanings of lines and sheets before setting off on this:




I am listening to...these songs that got stuck in my head after reading this Quick Take. Pretty voice, nice to have playing on an overcast Monday.





Around the house...the de-junking of 2013 has begun! I had Craig, Max and Molly all motivated and helping with the girls' room rearrange, and we expanded efforts to start on the attic. So much more to do, but lots of progress so far!

A favorite quote for today...from Audrey Hepburn
For beautiful eyes, 
look for the good in others; 
for beautiful lips, 
speak only words of kindness; 
and for poise, 
walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment