Thursday, April 25, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real} - HMNS


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~ 



Euly & Nick had their last science day, and since we went to the zoo last week, Lilly , Ceci and I decided to hang around inside and outside the Houston Museum on Natural Science.



{real}
The end of the school year is apparently the time the Houston schools are doubling up on field trips. Last week at the zoo, we had a hard time finding a parking place with all the school buses and a hard time sticking together with the swarms of kindergarten classes buzzing by. 
This week, school kids were everywhere. 
The sound in the museum's marble floors was quite overwhelming.
(No, I don't get out much).
I appreciated the slow pace a homeschooling field trip allows. 
stopping to rest in the shade
We had time to waste while the classes we going on with no specific agenda this week, so we walked, rode the train, played at the parks, visited park of the museum we seldom stop by. 

{pretty}



 {happy}
 always happy around water







From a distance we guessed these were "swans",
 but after a while they decided they were supposed to be lilypads.



{funny}
We spend so much time looking at the live lions at the zoo, 
I wondered if seeing the diorama would scare her a bit.
nope

"Oh nooo, I dropped something."
Ceci was quite surprised by the massive size of a crocodile over alligators she has seen

Go see more {phfr}

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun and warm! I never like it when I show up somewhere to be swarmed by buses of schoolchildren. I like schoolchildren. Just not losing my own in a swarm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and I love how she looks on her dress :)



    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely blog, Mary! I can't believe how grown up she is! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete