Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend Life

FOR EPIPHANY WEEKEND
"We have seen his star in the east, and are come with gifts to adore The Lord."
Matt 2.2
Outside my window...rainy and cold. Starting to miss the sun a little bit. Molly volunteered to drive from Houston home in the rain and slick roads. I am thankful to have another willing driver.

I am thinking...we will have a slow transition back into school. We need a few rest up days, prep Max for college return, deep clean for Father's Epiphany blessing on Tuesday.

I am praying for..my mother in law who has the flu and is very dehydrated and all those infirmed. Health of pregnant moms. Husbands safe travels.

I am thankful...to see a revival of sorts at our local parish. They have a fairly new priest I've mentioned before and he is having a great influence. The mass is reverent, "new" devotions practiced, and Saturday's confession line (which usually has about ten people in the hour), had over forty waiting before the priest started and well over fifty waiting when we left.

In the kitchen...not much, fruit trays for activities, most meals on the run this busy weekend.

I am going...Scout Board of Review for Nicholas' Ad Alteri Dei (To the Altar of God) merit badge at St. Mary's seminary....

long walkway to church 
the Altar of God
All signed off!
"I will serve"
 ....Then a ceremony for Blessing of the Epiphany Water, Salt & Chalk...




Mass and Epiphany party at our parish...

and later, another Epiphany party with the girls' and boys' group at a local church.

Around the house...Christmas decorations slowly being put away, it's always a little sad to close up Christmas decorations. Lent is just around the corner!

A favorite quote/prayer for today...from the beautiful prayers of Blessing of the Epiphany water:

O water, creature of God, I exorcise you
in the name of God the Father almighty,
and in the name of Jesus Christ His
Son, our Lord, and in the power of the
Holy Spirit. I exorcise you so that you
may put to light all the power of the
Enemy, and be able to root out and
supplant that Enemy with his apostate
angels: through the power of our Lord
Jesus Christ, Who will come to judge
the living and the dead and the world. Amen. 

A peek into my day...watching her grow up before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment