We are looking ahead to Easter, getting decorations planned for the celebration we will host.
Pysanky inspired eggs. We made our first attempt several years back. I found some from that day and livened them up with a coat of Mod Podge. This year, in preparation I ordered a few more tools and more dyes. We found the dyes I had made years ago tucked away in the back of the pantry still good. Red and yellow were dried up, so I thought we'd just play with the colors we found.
We took turns blowing out the eggs. This process worked well; just starting with a needle prick, enlarging to get the yolk out, then rinsing water through the inside of the egg.
The kids are at all different levels of patience and creativity.
M is a natural artist and lots of patience..
We picked our favorite tool, and candle to work with and just worked with the wax to what inspired us.
tulips in the making:
even the dripping are pretty.
M's came out really well. Her patience paid off - beautiful. She coated it with a clear glitter spray paint.
|one of the older eggs livened up with a clear coat|
Now I'll tuck away and bring out for our Easter decorations.