Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekend thoughts





Outside my window...hot & dry, but we aren't going to let it keep us locked up indoors!



 I am thinking....life's pretty good. It could always be worse.


also thinking, we all know this little one is very special, but I have had random strangers come and point out her shining  qualities to me. This week a lady came to my car and had me roll down my window so she could gush over her. Cc's joy is contagious!
I am thankful...for all blessings in my life, intercession of the angels, and the gentle Hand of God.


In the kitchen...making a meal with Chicken Alfredo sauce for a friend's family welcoming her new baby - her ninth! She had a lovely delivery, can't wait to meet the new little bundle of joy!


I am (helping Nick) create...a poster for his Ad Alteri Dei class where he has a presentation of signs and symbols of our Faith in his every day life. We picked pictures from our life to use.


Weekend activities....Craig & I had a lovely date night for one last anniversary celebration last night at Perry's. We discovered Houston Restaurant Weeks. A good deal on an expensive meal at Houston's best restaurants benefiting Houston food banks. Its a good deal to the customer (3 course meal for $35, 2 course for $20) and each meal $5 goes to food banks. If you have a celebratory dinner planned  - this can be a nice deal. The normal priced entre' was more that the three course deal.
all  those yummy deserts to sample - bananas foster made at the table
We are going..on a spur of the moment trip to the zoo.


I am reading...Homer's Iliad aloud with Nick and Molly and lots of pictures books to the girls. We read Caps For Sale and someone occasionally, randomly shouts "Caps for sale..." and someone else answers "Fifty cents a cap." .. giggles. The monkeys are my favorite ("You monkeys, you! Give me back my hats!"). We've also rediscovered Usborne's Puzzle books, especially Puzzle Castle, great for seven year olds.


I am looking forward to...the fun of planning another big family trip. Nothing official now, but we have been dreaming out loud lately, and that's how the fun usually begins.


I am learning...to ignore Barney tunes swimming around in the back of my subconscious. Lilly loves Barney, and knows that we can watch them on you tube on my phone. "Barney???," she pleads.
"I love youuuu, youu love meeeee, 
we're a happy family, 
with a great big hug and kiss from me to you, 
won't you say you love me tooooo?" 

It is a change of pace from The Wiggles dvd that has been played continuous in the car. I am thinking of taking that one in and using it as an exercise video.


Around the house...guys are busy this weekend, just girls doing projects around the house.


I am praying for...Kyle, happy resolutions for stressful situations and for icky business meeting to go smoothly, healing of strained relationships, physical and spiritual health, safe travels, God's blessing on our country and all the many new newlyweds!


Starting this novena:

Day 1 - Saint Maximilian Kolbe Novena Prayers
O Lord Jesus Christ, who said, "greater love than this no man has that a man lay down his life for his friends," through the intercession of St. Maximilian Kolbe whose life illustrated such love, we beseech you to grant us our petitions . . .
(state your intentions here)
Through the Militia Immaculata movement, which Maximilian founded, he spread a fervent devotion to Our Lady throughout the world. He gave up his life for a total stranger and loved his persecutors, giving us an example of unselfish love for all men - a love that was inspired by true devotion to Mary.
Grant, O Lord Jesus, that we too may give ourselves entirely without reserve to the love and service of our Heavenly Queen in order to better love and serve our fellowman in imitation of your humble servant, Maximilian. Amen.
Hail Mary...
Hail Mary...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be...
Amen

Join in and if you want to have reminders of this and other novenas - check here.



A favorite quote for today...from St. John Vianney:
"Christian wife! Follow in the footsteps of the ideal of all womanhood, the Blessed Mother of God; in joy and in sorrow, she will be your advocate at the throne of her Son."

and to console myself during my time with insomnia...

"When you awake in the night, transport yourself quickly in spirit before the Tabernacle, saying: 'Behold, my God, I come to adore You, to praise, thank, and love you, and to keep you company with all the Angels,' "

One of my favorite things...snuggling up and reading to my kids, especially when they ask me to read more.


A few plans for the rest of the week...trying to balance everyones' schedules, a quick Austin trip, look for chiropractor for me and Max ( I have to address some shoulder pain to see if it is an alignment issue or just an old mama issue).


Something that makes me happy...making my kids happy. Also seeing the guys after a long, hard work day at the church property, knowing they are doing everything they can to get us closer to a physical church building, seeing their joyful hearts and happy exhaustion.


A peek into my day...one of our favorites to see at the zoo, the Komodo Dragons (coolest named animal). Cc wants to be able to see that deadly bacteria in his mouth. He sure has a sassy expression for a lizard.


No comments:

Post a Comment