Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend Daybook


THIS WEEKEND…



Outside my window...

hot and humid; typical sunny August day here in Texas.


I am thinking...
talking with sleep talkers is scary. Ceci has been fighting  fever for a couple of days. Last night it spiked up to 102. I really wanted her to take some medicine to pull it down so she could sleep better. I worry too much, but fevers do scare me. She started talking to me, but in a language that was not recognizable. It was strange to carry on a weird conversation with someone sleeping. I worried it was delirium, and really wanted her to take the medicine. I asked, she surprisingly said OK. When I was giving ti to her, she suddenly woke up and spit it out, shocked I was trying to give her medicine. I let her try to sleep again. She would talk on and off all night.

I am thankful...
for my parents, for my family who put up with my moments of panic and worry and reassure me everything will be okay.

In the kitchen...
venison chili with Fritos and queso

I am creating...
a plan for Monday tea menus. We had a very nice kick off tea for the feast of Transfiguration. We will have one honoring the feast of Assumption and celebrating Maximilian Kolbe's feast this week.

I am going...
to get kids out doing something fun his weekend - but I need some suggestion, got any? 
Maybe something in town tomorrow after mass. Craig will want to relax after flying back in today. Nick was finished early with Merit Badge advancement day.

I am wondering...
about a possibility of moving back to Austin someday. We had a nice visit this week around my business meeting. We even went to a Blues on the Green outdoor concert with my mom, and met one sister and her kids and niece and her boyfriend. It was hot, but pleasant once the sun started to set. It reminded me if Austin Aqua Fests of my youth, and I just longed to be in Austin again. There is so much to do outdoors



I am reading...

(well, finished in one long reading marathon last night) 

Lucinda by Barbara Freeman. It was good, I passed it on to Molly to read; also The Iliad still.


I am hoping...
for one last summer vacation fling - going to a water park when we move Max into his dorm. There is at least staring at the waves with the sand between my toes to look forward to.

I am looking forward to...
spending time with Craig after he returns from a long week of travelling.

I am learning...
about budgeting, thinking of looking into Dave Ramsey. It's hard back to being a one-income family. 
(no plans to find a job - just happy to be full time homeschooling mom again!)

Around the house...
needing to clean and do laundry, but just want to relax and enjoy last weekend with Max at home. We bought supplies for school, and we're trying to organize for the move-in. He is excited about school starting. We still haven't received the fee bill from the university, but he goes down Friday to move in and be on the Check in Crew. I am excited for him, I don't think we will have the sadness we did last year, but he will be missed.

I am pondering...
Ryan as VP. I am happy with Romney's choice. I think it could be the remedy to get the country back on fiscal tract. Why anyone could want this country to go further into debt is beyond me.

Favorite quotes for today...

"The most deadly poison of our time is indifference
And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. 
Let us strive, therefore, to praise him to the greatest extent of our powers." 
 - Maximilian Kolbe

"We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless.
The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty.
We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty."
- Mother Teresa 

One of my favorite things...
celebrating feast of the Assumption of Mary.
Kinda wishing we were here again to celebrate it.

from Te-Deum blog - from Assumption Grotto Parish in Detroit
http://www.te-deum.blogspot.com/2011/08/mega-photopost-assumption-day-2011-at.html
Go look at her beautiful photographs of a heavenly day celebrating Mary's assent into heaven.


I am praying for...

peaceful solution to stressful situation, Kyle, Uncle Ky, Aunt Gayle, fallen away Catholics to return to their faith, our church to get funding for permanent facilities, health to return to sick kids, my future sons/daughters in law -whomever they may be. :) 



A few plans for the rest of the week... 
ortho appt, starting more school, adding language arts to the math, music and literature already started, moving Max into his brand new dorms, music lessons Tuesday and Wednesday.

A peek into my day...


No comments:

Post a Comment