It isn't just slogans, this election is important. Please, please vote against Obama.
Clint Eastwood, "WE own this country..."
Marco Rubio on Obama, "This election is about your future, not his."
2. Crazy dreams lately. Blame it on the Blue Moon?
I had a very disturbing dream the other morning that left me frightfully disturbed but extremely thankful for all the blessings in my life. I felt especially thankful that none of the realities in the dream existed in my life. Although, it wasn't an impossible occurrence.
In my dream, some type of solar flare exploded through the quaint, island village leaving those unlucky to be outdoors exposed to the flare with a form of rapid growing liver cancer. A large majority of the citizens were outside at the time, with varying degrees of exposure, indicating the speed at which the cancer takes one's life. The community was close, and came together best they could in their own crippled bodies to plan for the care of the suffering.
My dream left me in amazement at the detailed abilities of the subconscious.
How my mind created a place so real, I really feel I had been there. I can describe the streets, businesses, and people in the dream, after I woke. My person was outside when the solar flare burst like a dam bursting open down the lane. My mind created a cast of characters that I have never knowingly met in my life, yet these people had distinct looks, voices, personalities. I could identify them if I ran into them today.
My character mostly passed through this dream in a daze, shocked by what she was in for, seeing the reaction on her fellow citizens. Some were deathly ill and still in such denial of their fates, desperately trying to give hope to their fellow citizens. Others were so afraid this illness could be contagious, and older elderly woman's son sent a body guard to protect her from looters, yet offered no physical aid or comfort. He just stood sentinel at the end of her bed, I expect awaiting her death to clear out her belongings.
I woke up after a serious of confusing turns and encounters, with my heart racing. It took a moment to see where I was, that everything was okay. I was safe. But the feeling of the dream stayed all day, possibly reminding me to be mindful of having a good life.
3. I am really yearning for fall. We have had a very mild August for my corner of Texas. It started heating back up after a "cool front", and it just makes me a little mad to walk outside listening to crickets thinking it should feel like fall, and the hot humid air smacks the face. Rude! Come on fall....hurry up.
4. School routines are in full force. Molly now has her Thursday booked starting with a babysitting job at 6:30 A.M., then she is off to her classes, which I have to take her from one to another across town mid day, then closes it with another babysitting job at 6:30 - 10 P.M.! Busy - but happy- girl. It is a good first job.
5. We are trying to reestablish 9 p.m. as our family daily rosary time. Its a good time to visit before bed, some get sleepy as we pray, and are ready for bed when we are done. Our new challenge is to pray in Latin. We are a bit rusty, but getting the grove for the Ave Maria and Pater Noster.
Will you join me in praying the rosary every day for our country?
So do you ask, why pray the rosary?
15 Rosary Promises
1. To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I
promise my special protection and great graces.
2. Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary
will receive some special grace.
3. The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it
will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.
4. The Rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and
will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It
will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world
and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal
things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this
5. Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary
will not perish.
6. Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the
mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He
will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by
an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the
just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
7. Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without
the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have
during their life and at their death the light of God and
the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of
9. I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to
10. True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in
11. What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain
12. To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all
13. I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the
Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in
life and in death, the entire celestial court.
14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved
children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
6. Shared from a friend's post on fb:
7. Happy Labor Day weekend - go do something fun with your loved ones.