Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pretty, happy, funny, real

round button chicken

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

{real}
Just going to pop in to make a post for {phfr} since I haven't missed one since I started joining in, but also because there is contentment and grace serving a sick child. This week my little Lil has been sick: an awful stomach bug with nothing pretty, happy or funny about it.
The nights have been hard. But there have been moments in the day when my little sweetie felt a bit better, good enough to spend a few moments in the fresh air, good enough to give her mom a smile.

{pretty & happy}


such a blessing she is!

{funny}
Lil is pretty mild (or chill as my teenage daughter says) so she sits very still when she is not feeling well. She likes to lay across my chest perfectly still and likes me to read to her. Her big sisters entertain her in inventive ways; yesterday decorating her with a Little Kitty stamp (remnant on her nose and cheek). Her six year old sister said, "She's the nicest sick baby I ever saw."

Go see more contentment at Like Mother. Like Daughter and enjoy Lelia's post -wedding contentment.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is much better today.

      Delete