Thursday, June 28, 2012

7 super-Quick Takes

1. I need to do this today, because Friday will be non stop, no life reflections on a computer, get fifteen twenty things checked off my checklist kind of day.

2. When it rains, it pours - is an awful, ugly & true statement when referring to life situations, but a lovely reality when referring to helping out my garden.

3. Tow truck drivers are not the most honest people in the world (Although I have had a good experience with two tow truck drivers on a July night two years ago when I was broken down - ok, it turned out I just ran out of gas (while gauge showed 1/4 tank), when my husband was out of town, and it was after midnight, and I had a carload of kids, who were tired from watching a Shakespeare performance under the hot Texas starry sky...those tow truck drivers were my heroes!
I digress, sometimes, like I witnessed today,  karma comes back and bites said dishonest tow truck driver.  Not literally anyway. Not wishing ill. Just that "what comes around, goes around"  expression is alive and kicking. The Golden Rule : 
"Do to others as you would have them do unto you."

4. *Ma always said, "No great loss without some small gain."
she was one wise woman. It is true, call it the silver lining. But if you try to look for it, it is really there.

* from Little House, of course.

5. There is also the "It could Always Be Worse" thought. I seem to find this works for me most of the time because, as a worrier, I have a pretty good imagination of what worse could be.

6. So, after a stressed day, I can always find a little refreshment in Mother Teresa:
" A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, must empty ourselves. The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace."

7. After a long day driving all over, taking care of small "fires" and other emergencies.  I think of another Little House quote that rings so true:
Home is the nicest word there is.


Check out other Quick Takes at Jen'sConversion Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment