Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Day Book

Sunday, May 27, 2012
Pentecost Sunday

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth. 

O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.




Outside my window...sunny and hot, we need rain. My sweet industrious husband set up an automatic timer soaker hose for the garden.


I am thinking....instagram is a fun photo enhancing software.*update, somehow my instagram photos have all disappeared off picasa. :(

I am thankful...for U.S. military and all those who have given their lives for our freedom.
Also, my family, my husband's job and God's protection.

In the kitchen...bacon, sausage and biscuits for a late breakfast/lunch. It's rewarding that I make something that my family requests.

I am creating...pie: Key Lime and Lemon.  Ceci wants to bake something, since she has her apron on.

Activities and projects in progress...the garden. 

Weekend activities....getting little projects completed around house, grocery store, church, yard clean up.. My favorite is the blinds hung. 

I am going..to have a fun week spent with my kids.

I am (pre)reading...Shadow of a Bull and Lorna Doone

I am hoping...everything keeps getting better. 

I am looking forward to...vacation coming up soon...no soon enough for little people around here.

Around the house...trying to find ways to get the house cooler. It's already hot outside, and it going to be a long summer. So far, new blinds in two rooms, planning drapes in another. Now wondering if I should insulate garage ceiling, schoolroom above is the hottest.

I am praying ...
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. 
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. 
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. 
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. 
Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. 
Amen.
-Saint Augustine of Hippo


A favorite quote for today..."Gentlemen... start your engines!!"
I am not a race fan, but Indy is exciting and has the coolest trophy.

One of my favorite things...my new birthday rosary beads

A few plans for the rest of the week...taking a break from school & piano. Just a relaxed schedule to spend time with friends.

Something that makes me happy...Lilly yelling "Doggie!" whenever she sees a cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment