Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Day Book

Outside my window...sunny, pretty & green; yard especially pretty freshly mowed.


I am thinking....I am going to rest this week. its been a busy month, with illnesses in between busy activities, doctor appointments and recitals.


I am thankful...for my husband's job, even if it takes him away early on a Sunday.


In the kitchen...cheese cake bites to celebrate Molly's birthday with her friends. (trying this recipe)


yummy
I am creating...our summer school schedule. We have a few school items that need to continue and 
complete over the summer. Now our other classes are finished, we should make quick progress.


Activities & projects in progress...helping Euly make patterns for dolls she promised to make for girls at church.


Weekend activities....the final ballet activity - Euly & Ceci danced the Spanish Dance of Swan Lake beautifully. Euly helped keep everyone one pace and looking like they all knew exactly what to do.

photo credit and thanks to Max from back of dark theater in our crummy seats




I am going..to get ready for Molly's movie/pizza birthday party later today.


I am wondering...how we are going to train another driver. So far so good, I let Molly have a short turn at the wheel down to the beach on Friday. She's a talker/driver - to keep herself calm.

at top of bridge to beach with Molly driving
I am reading... Little House in the Ozarks (rediscovered Writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder). When we finished the series, we felt like the Ingalls' family (especially since we have Ingle's in our family), and wanted to see if there was more to read.  I think it's funny how Laura referred to Almonzo as The Man of the House.
Also reading The Great Galveston Disaster (written from eye witness interviews in the days after the hurricane devastated Galveston) - still on my Galveston obsession.


I am hoping...rv is back from shop in time to go on a mini excursion.


I am looking forward to... Schlitterbahn in a couple of weeks.


I am learning...to try more recipes, even if I haven't had it before since the kids are excited to try new dishes.


Around the house...Max's college stuff put away until we have think about it in fall.


I am praying for...all those who have requested my prayers, all those who don't think to ask.


A favorite quote for today:


Mother Teresa's The Final Analysis Prayer

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway

One of my favorite things...beach field trips (more pictures of our nature journal field trip here)




Something that made me laugh....I received a Happy 25th Anniversary card from my Alma mater, the University of Texas. Since this year is our 25th wedding anniversary, and I am always distracted, I wondered, how did UT know when I got married? And wasn't it thoughtful of them to send a card.
Wow, twenty five years goes quickly.


A few plans for the rest of the week...piano lessons and a visit with friends,....nothing else scheduled.....so maybe some deep house cleaning and organization of the school room is in our plan.


Something that makes me happy...being done with our school year. We still have school at home we are doing through the summer, and adding summer school for Max at Lone Star, and piano continues, with an addition of a music history class - still with all that we have have loads of extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment