Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Day Book

Outside my window...temperature reached 90 degrees this weekend. Summer begins, as does the battle of control over the AC thermostat.

I am thinking....we need a weekend after this weekend. (Craig does especially)

I am thankful...to see many friends at our parish function yesterday, thankful for my kids' friends.

In the kitchen...I am practicing recipes for our Immaculate Heart Tea.

I am going... to a parish dinner tonight and help move Max home on Wednesday or Thursday....

I am wondering...how this summer will go transitioning Max back into our routine. He is used to not living with us, we are used to not living with him. I am looking forward to being able to see and talk to him on a daily basis again!

I am reading...These Happy Golden Years, Miracle in Philadelphia, John Paul Jones (landmark ahead of Nick).

I am hoping...Max does well on his last three finals for his first year in college. Offer a prayer for him and all students who would appreciate it.

I am looking forward to...things slowing down, and spending a week on the river.

I am learning...to keep the camera close at hand, and try to not miss opportunities. These are my Big Moon capture attempts.



Around the house...everyone is taking it easy for a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon. All four girls went for a walk to the lake.

I am praying for...peace in families, poor forgotten souls.

A favorite quote for today... From Laura Ingalls Wilder's These Happy Golden Years:


"That's the way to tackle things," Pa said, "Have some confidence in yourself, and you can lick anything. You have confidence in yourself, that's the only way to make other folks have confidence in you."


Pa also said:
"Success gets to be a habit, like anything else a fellow keeps on doing."

One of my favorite things...Ceci's confidence and poise. She is a fearless, unflappable little young lady.

A few plans for the rest of the week...piano, ballet, move Max home, Girls Group, dentist appointment, and two eye doctor appointments, a kids' friend get together, piano recital, my parents in for Cc's first Communion.

Something that makes me happy... May crownings



No comments:

Post a Comment