Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Day Book

April 1 - April Fools Day

Palm Sunday
Procession with the palm branches

Start of Palm Sunday with distribution of the palms


Outside my window... dogs are barking wildly a the deer just out of their range.

I am thinking.... we will amp up our sacrifices for Holy Week.

I am thankful... for our parish community, for my husband and how hard he works for us, for the closeness of my family, safety, protection and health of my children, to be an American, to be a child of God.

In the kitchen... venison sloppy joes.

I am creating...a sewing corner and remnant basket so we can find what we need when so inspired to make more things! I am really enjoying sewing with my daughters. I am not worrying about perfection, just loving the joy and pride in their faces at their abilities.

I am going.. to 8 am mass. The barking dogs and snoring husband have me up early noting my day book before mass.

I am wondering... how so much cuteness comes in small packages!


I am reading...same books! Hoping to add Easter themed books for all of us this week.

I am hoping... stressful situation goes away peacefully.

I am looking forward to... the celebration of His Resurrection!

I am learning...how to sew on a sewing machine. Actually, Craig who has never sewn, but grew up watching his grandmother is teaching Euly how to use her old machine. She is so proud of what she can do and has finished her doll quilt and made two new outfits for her sister's dolls.


Around the house... kids find the cutest things (and bring them in to share with me!)


I am praying for...health, happiness, forgiveness, peace, love.

A favorite quote for today...
Proverb 13:20
He that walketh with the wise, shall be wise: a friend of fools shall become like to them.

This quote was recited to me by a kind woman flying with me on SW Airlines in 1996 when I was returning to our then home in Alabama with my three year old son and barely three month old but newly baptized daughter. It was a nightmare to catch that flight with an infant and child in tow, alone. But such a blessing to speak with an older homeschooling mother. She quoted Proverbs in her reasoning against traditional school settings and her inspiration for homescholing. It has always stayed with me. I always think of it on April 1.

One of my favorite things...
being greeted home by such a happy smile, and catching it on camera.


A few plans for the rest of the week...
some of the regular stuff: ballet, piano, math, scouts. Holy Thursday mass, merit badge university at Texas A&M, getting ready for Easter, strawberry picking, Good Friday observance and service, Holy Saturday, ...Easter preparations!

Something that makes me happy... seeing baby tomatoes and baby peppers!!


A peek into my day...
is this whats causing all our allergy related problems this week:








No comments:

Post a Comment