Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Day Book

Outside my window...overcast, spring, breezy: a nice day.

I am STILL thinking....about our nice visit with my mother in law this past week. As always, it was too quick. A one year old isn't the best in an assisted living home where most have walkers and she is a body full of unpredictible energy. Her home has a wonderful courtyard that the kids can burn off their extra energy. She hosted us in a separate dining room for lunch and we have our own waiter. All the employees and most of her neighbors all love her there. She has a welcoming happy spirit, friendly to all.

While in Austin, we had a wonderful visit with my parents. I don't know where they get the energy - they travel across the country and the state, then host daughters with grand kids taking some sailing and golfing! I need their energy.

I am thankful...for my home, my husband's job, my family. 

In the kitchen...not much today - we're on the run.

I am creating...a peaceful frame of mind today (since I'm operating on very little sleep)

I am going..to a site Dedication to Saint Joseph for our new parish on the new grounds. It should be interesting as the property donor still lives on the property with her eclectic group of animals. We are hoping to see the llama and hoping we don't see the angry rooster. (hubby pushing me to leave!)

I am wondering...where we will go to Station of the Cross this Friday - no plans yet.

I am reading...Style, Sex and Substance: 10 Catholic Women Consider the Things theat Really Matter ed. by Hallie Lord; Farmer Boy aloud.
I am not totally sold on kindle being a good thing. Yes, it satisfies the instant gratification need, and I don't need to add more booksleves around here. But I don't like that I don't have the book lying on my side table to remind me to read it, I can't share it, I can't hold it and see how much more I have to read. What am I not appreciating about it?

I am hoping...we get our act together and focus on what we need to finish math books by the end of the year.

I am looking forward to...the school year being over! (only two months - so much to do).

I am learning...to quilt with my daughters.

Around the house...Garden is planted

I am praying for...Aunt Gayle, Uncle Ky, Donna, Dominic. Succes of the 29 ladies walking from Houston to Dallas - over 200 miles - one representing each year.

A favorite quote for today...
"We'd never get anything fixed to suit us if we waited for things to suit us before we started."
Pa - On The Shores of Silver Lake
"All's well that ends well."
Ma

One of my favorite things...outdoor candlelight stations of the cross. We hosted the teen group this past Friday. it was led by the teens. Beautiful!


A few plans for the rest of the week: Scouts, ballet, piano, girls/boy group, regular classes. Just back to the regular school routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment