Wednesday, March 14, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of everyday life ~

Every Thursday, at Like Mother Like Daughter !
{pretty}
We had a quick road trip to Austin to visit grandparents and the state Capitol. It was such a beautiful cool breezy day, we thought we'd spend some time at my favorite creek, Bull Creek, since it had recently rained and it would be a refreshing break. The water was clear and cold rushing over our feet. I asked if everyone would try to not get wet, as I had no towels or change of clothes for them. They did very well, little Miss did get the bottom of her dress wet, but she was so delighted throwing rocks in the water, she didn't seem to mind.
I spent many high school and college days cooling off around the creek. Craig had a jeep we'd use to explore trails in the hills above the creek. Good memories.
We do not have the rock formations in our area, so no creek as refreshing as this to play in.


{happy}


{funny} & {real}
Someone has to be in charge of Little Missy
Big sister to brother hand off
Ten year old pro

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a special place, I've loved it since childhood. I'm happy whenever my kids get to enjoy it now.
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've got summer weather where you are - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be in the 80's all this week. We skip spring and go straight into summer. I wish summer was 80's...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! We only have swamps, wetlands or bayous close to us - it's another reason visiting family is a treat!

      Delete